INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Jordi Artigas on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Great!!!

Now Ekos can solve offline perfectly. To resolve I must to install this pakages from terminal:

brew install netpbm

pip install numpy

sudo pip install pyfits

Thanks you very much
7 years 2 months ago #14045
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Ok, I cannot work on this any more today since I need to do some other work, but please test thoroughly and post any information you find.

Please test the new dmg: KSTARS NEW DMG

Be sure to follow the instructions in the Quickstart guide. Be sure to click "NEXT" in the startup wizard, NOT "OK".
Also the installers for netpbm, pip, python don't work yet. Run these from terminal instead:

/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
brew install python
pip install numpy (not sure if this is needed, pyfits should do it?)
sudo pip install pyfits
brew install netpbm

To test the installer if you have already run KStars on Mac before, is to delete or backup these two folders:
~/Library/Application Support/Astrometry
~/Library/Application Support/kstars

Also the latest version of our DMG Creator is at github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Rob Lancaster. Reason: forgot two lines.
7 years 2 months ago #14046

yes, download new data was a challenge to get working. It took me forever to figure out what files it needed, where they needed to be, what needed to be in the paths, and what needed to be running.
7 years 2 months ago #14047
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Hi All-
Work has been crazy busy lately- I will try to take a look at the doc steps and see if I can help there.

The merge looked fine - not sure why I didn't get notified if there was a PR. Since it is merged in to master you should probably remove the old brand if you are done.
7 years 2 months ago #14051

I did the merge shortly after the request because I wanted to try it. I am not sure if notifications would still be sent if it is resolved quickly?
7 years 2 months ago #14052

Hi Jamie, could you also take a look at building the other 3rd party drivers? We are not building many of them and there are more available that we could build. We are already doing gphoto, eqmod, cloudwatcher, spectracyber, maxdomeII and sx. Three that I am particularly interested in are the ZWO/ASI, the SBIG, and the DSI. I started trying to modify the code to make them work, but I was having trouble. You will find my lines of code in the script commented out. Please take a look at your convenience. Thanks!
7 years 2 months ago #14066

Oh also, Jasem pushed a change that added Kf5NotificationConfiguration to KStars and it caused a build error. He will have to make another change that I don't know to make the emerge version work properly with this new dependency. But I did manage to fix the cmake build by just adding that to the brew installs. I pushed it to the script.

Jamie, I tried to delete the other branch, but cannot find the option. can you do it?
7 years 2 months ago #14068

So Jasem fixed the build for KStars.

But there is more good news about the startup wizard. I figured out what I was doing wrong on the installers for netpbm, pip, and pyfits. I have a working dmg with those functional (but relying on home-brew being installed, if it is not, I give the user a link to how to install it)

I also fixed the OK button being enabled when it shouldn't be enabled problem, but haven't sent the change to Jasem yet.

Next I will add an installer button for gsc. data. Should be nice.
7 years 2 months ago #14095

Ok, I got the gsc data installer working! i sent it to Jasem, and if all checks out, I will build a new dmg for you guys to test tomorrow afternoon/evening. Get ready for it! It should be able to install everything but homebrew internally.
7 years 2 months ago #14098

oops, one mistake, I used wget for the gsc downloader. It now occurs to me that wget is not installed by default. I think I will switch to curl. hindsight is 20-20, sorry, will get that new dmg to you guys tomorrow then.
7 years 2 months ago #14108

Great News, a new KStars DMG to test. Jasem, myself, and others have added a lot since I posted the last DMG.

NEW KSTARS DMG 01-26-2017

If you can, it would be nice if you could delete (or rename) your data directory at least briefly to test my startup wizard. Also, if you can see if some of these installers work, that would be great!

Please let me know about any issues.

New Improvements:
A fully working GSC installer!!
The disabling of the OK button in the Wizard before the data directory is made.
Possibly working installers for python, pip, pyfits, and netpbm (I keep having trouble with these, but I think its better now)
An improved Focus Module.
Acknowledgements for Jamie and Stephane for their contributions to the OS X port.
Better zooming with the Mac trackpad pinch gesture in Fits Views. (I slowed it down a lot, it was WAY too fast/responsive)
The beginnings of a floating toolbar in embedded FitsViews on the Focus and Guide Modules
Live Video in the Capture Module (for supported cameras)
Disabled the JupiterMoonTool (sad, but it didn't work)
And other things. . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, nMAC, Oliver
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 2 months ago #14137
  • Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I have just downloaded and had a quick 10 minute test before heavy rain started to fall :-/

From what I could see, apart from the autofocus issue that I have already reported in the forum, the new Live Video function is not working with my 450D.I don't know if it should work with DSLRs but mine does not. I crashes Kstars as soon as I use it and I have to disconnect the camera and restart INDI server
before I can connect again or it crashes as soon as I connect to INDI Server.

According to the log I get this: "2017-01-27T19:15:23.911 - WARN - QImage::scaled: Image is a null image"

Everything else seems ok, and new features (GSC & Installers) work fine :-)
I didn't have much time to test. Will make another run as possible.

EDIT: Just rebooted to linux and tested live preview, it starts capturing some images and after some seconds it crashes too, so not an exclusive of
DMG version.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by nMAC.
7 years 2 months ago #14142
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds