INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Sorry, been a while...

I had tried building them before - the only ones that I could get to build I included. There were a variety of failures building them.
7 years 1 month ago #14394
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Thanks for the info Jasem, I willl apply the last commit and then try again to see if it solves the issues.
7 years 1 month ago #14395
  • Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

And I will rebuild the dmg with those updates sometime this weekend. Right now I am in the middle of making an astrometry options editor and I really would like to finish it before building the new dmg. Soon I promise. . .
7 years 1 month ago #14396

I have just made another test. This time with the last commits on the server.
It seems all is working except for the Liveview, still the black screen with no data and no FPS.

Forget the black screen that's normal! I totally forgot I had removed the mirror because of the image shadows!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
I lost the liveview with that procedure. So... It must be working because it's not crashing.

Preview crash is gone and Autofocus is working again with no crash too!!! I already have the fits files being saved.
Tested both linux (directly on the server via RDP) and macos with the DMG.
Thanks Jasem!

I attached the linux server gdb and log and also macos log.
Nevermind the messages about X11, it's because of RDP.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by nMAC.
7 years 1 month ago #14397
Attachments:

Just to make sure that I understand, the primary issue was an out of date version of the indiserver that both the Mac and linux computers were accessing? Is that correct?
7 years 1 month ago #14400

Basically yes, but the server was updated 2 times today. I always update before making tests.
The first time it gave those crashes. The second time was when Jasem told about the last commit.
So both server (linux) and client (macos) are now working ok!
No need to rebuild the DMG because of that.
7 years 1 month ago #14401

Wonderful, just making sure it wasn't the KStars DMG! Please continue to test!
7 years 1 month ago #14402

Will do :-)

In the next few days I will try the same as you,building kstars but... on a PPC Powerbook.
I have one too and I am trying to get TigerBrew and Fink/Macports to work with the latest KDE5 sources.
Let's see if it's possible. It's revealing a hard task but I would love to do that :-D
7 years 1 month ago #14403

Just tested with daylight, both working with liveview : 550d (but no real image that's normal, no mirror) and ASI120MM.
Thanks Jasem.
7 years 1 month ago #14412

That sounds good in principle, but as you might already know a large part of our work in this forum has been first trying to get KStars up and running on a mac in a usable format and then trying to get all the other programs it depends upon and uses to a place that kstars will be able to find them. And then we worked to get it all wrapped up and portable in a single app and dmg. It required us to rewrite a significant amount of kstars code and to carefully write a build script to take care of all of that work to get it ready so that all users would need to do is install by dragging and dropping the app. That is not to say that using another build method would not work, just that there are currently a lot of steps to get it working.

Home-brew right now is your best bet of course because kf5 is currently working with it, but yes it would be an excellent goal to get that up and running on finks and macports. In our script, we include two methods for building kstars, one that relies on homebrew and another one that relies heavily on a tool called craft. The craft method is particularly friendly becase it automates the process quite a bit more and installs many of the latest versions of the dependencies in the right order, but we still need home-brew for some things as well, and some file and folder copying are still required.

All of that being said, here is an idea. Could you try ruunning our build script on the powerbook? I would be curious to see if that works. Regardless, if you want to get it working on homebrew, macports, or fink without our build script, you will probably want to reference our script to see what steps we took to get it working. If you dont have the link, it is: github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx

Thanks and let me know about any progress or problems. Good luck!

Thanks,

Rob
7 years 1 month ago #14416

Oh, haha! I will have to test with my DSLR then! Its exciting if its working! Dont feel bad, we have all done something like that! ;)
7 years 1 month ago #14417

I am trying to follow Jamie script and get all the dependencies installed first and that's the more dificult part. Some of those are not available on the servers and I have to install them by hand. The majority is compiled from source but it's a time consuming routine. When they are ready I will give the script a go to see if it works.This is more a proof of concept but I would be good to have a build on the PPC platform. I know thare are still a lot of people who owns PPC's, If it compiles, I will have to see if that option is viable in terms of performance too. I have dual boot to Ubuntu 16.04 PPC, I already built it from sources and it works fine on my model (1.6Ghz/2GB Ram). So I belive it will also work fine on PPC OSX too.

Thanks!
Nuno
7 years 1 month ago #14418
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds