INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

So I just thought I would let you guys know just in case you didn't see it yet. Jasem released the dmg that I created the other day.

KStars is officially released for OS X!

knro.blogspot.com
edu.kde.org/kstars/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Houghton
7 years 3 weeks ago #14903
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 8

Replied by Sean Houghton on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Nice work! My tiny contribution is a patch to homebrew-cask so you can easily install it with
brew cask install kstars

Semi-related, I've also added the sbig drivers so you can install them with
brew cask install sbig-universal-driver
7 years 3 weeks ago #14934

I can't get the internal indi server to work. When I check the box in the setting to enable it I am unable to choose any drivers.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15074
Attachments:

Did you install from the DMG or did you compile it yourself? If you compiled it yourself, then there would be no internal structure to the app, so yes no internal drivers would be found. If you installed from the DMG, then inside the APP, there will be a folder with the indi server the drivers and the xml files, a folder with astrometry files, and a folder with xplanet files. All of these files are inside the app located at /Contents/MacOS/. Please check to see that they are there.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15075

here is the internal structure of the app for reference.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15076
Attachments:

I got it working after restarting kstars. It looks like a restart is required for a change to the internal/external indi setting to take effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster
7 years 2 weeks ago #15080

hmm, interesting. I will look into it then.
7 years 2 weeks ago #15084

Hey guys, I just built a new DMG. This includes quite a few improvements & changes to both INDI and KStars.

Sean you were absolutely right about the drivers list not being updated after you either click the Internal driver button or when you change the path to the INDI drivers in the options. The issue has not been fixed yet, but I think I know which classes to make the changes in. I tried last night, but it didn't work perfectly yet, we will need to work on it a little more.

Possibly the biggest improvements in this DMG are related to a project I have been working on for the past 2 weeks, which you probably already know about if you have been following the INDI forum. I created two big additions in the Align module. First, I created a graph that plots the error in all the solutions and a table that keeps track of all of the solutions with their respective errors. This can be exported to a CSV file which you can then open in programs like Excel or Numbers. Second. I created an automatic mount modeling tool, so that you can put in a bunch of SkyPoints that you would like to use for your mount to build its pointing model, and then automatically run through the list, solving all of the points which will then be plotted in the graph while at the same time making your mount pointing more accurate. I put in several ways to build your alignment points list, including combo boxes you can use to select named stars, a Find tool you can use to insert any object in the kstars database or from the internet, and a wizard you can use to automatically generate the points in a pattern.

Another pretty big improvement in INDI is the ability of INDI to scan for the appropriate serial ports for your equipment. One big complaint some users had was that the ports were kind of obscure and hard to discover. For example, my Moonlite focuser's port on my Mac is /dev/cu.usbserial-A501T0P6. Finding that out was NOT easy if you did not know how to find it. Now KStars/INDI can automatically find the port.

There are lots of other improvements too. Jasem has labeled this KStars 2.7.6 as a result.

KStars For Mac 2.7.6

Please Test,

Thanks,

Rob
7 years 1 week ago #15201

I should note, one issue I know about is that sometimes the dotted lines on the alignment graph do not look nice or even vanish entirely. This is very strange and may be an issue with QCustomPlot rather than with KStars. The lines on the plot always look perfectly fine, its just the points in the dotted lines. They are generated the same way too, that is what I don't understand. If anybody knows why it does this please let me know.
7 years 1 week ago #15202

Here is an example of the new tools in action.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 1 week ago #15203
Attachments:

Never mind about this, I think I just found the solution. It is due to a known bug in QCustomPlot. According to this forum it can be solved with setScatterSkip(0); I tried it and I think the odd behavior may have stopped. I will send this patch to Jasem.

www.qcustomplot.com/index.php/support/forum/1239
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 1 week ago #15208

I think we should get the dotted lines patch I just sent in there and we should get the driver loading issue that Sean pointed out fixed before we officially post this dmg. Please let me know if there are any other issues.
7 years 1 week ago #15209
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds