INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guide image transfer from remote INDI server

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm trying to learn online the configuration of remote INDI server on RPi 3 B+ and running KStars, Ekos, PHD2 and ANSVR locally on a PC. I get that image transfer can take time from the RPI to local PC over the WiFi. It is fine to have such image transfer lag ( say for example 2-3 seconds) from the imaging camera to local PC for capturing and for plate solving. That much additional lag time after every image transfer from the imaging camera will not affect much overall performance. But how about the images from the guide camera? If they also take some (say for example 2 seconds) lag time to transfer from RPi to local PC and then send the autoguiding command back then will it not affect the autoguiding very much as many a times my autoguiding frame rate is less than 2 seconds? In this example the autoguiding frame rate will it not get halved? Or am I not knowing something big here? Or is it that the autoguiding images are not transferred to the client PC for processing before PHD2 sends back autoguiding pulses to the RPi? In short is there any way to avoid such lag in sending autoguiding pulses? If I run the KStars, Ekos, PHD2 and ANSVR on the RPi then this image transfer over WiFi will not be needed and there should not arise any question of lag in sending autoguiding pulses.

Many thanks for your time.

Nikul
4 years 10 months ago #40360

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Run phd2 and the INDI server on the raspberry pi and monitor it from Ekos on the other computer. Just set phd2 up to automatically start and connect to the right profile on the pi. And in Ekos on the other computer, set it to use phd2 as the guider in your profile. That way there is zero lag time whatsoever and even if your network disconnects temporarily, guiding will still be happening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 10 months ago #40369

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds