INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars compiled on rpi4 with raspbian buster...

• Thank you received: 140
Hello all,
Has anyone managed to get Kstars compiled on the new rpi4 with raspbian buster, I have got Indi on and working well, but after installing Kstars from git, it has errors, just not sure if it’s me of whether it’s happened during the compiling install...need to know whether to keep trying or whether I am wasting my time..
:)
4 years 8 months ago #40758

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Hi

I've got my RPi4 yesterday. Installed raspbian buster and was able to compile Kstars and make it work.
The trick is that you'll have to install all of the dependencies, including the optional one. When you perform cmake it will show you which dependencies are not installed.
Make sure you also install astrometry.net.

During my first attempt to run the program appears to be fine, but then when I connect to the CCD simulators the program crashed. Then I run kstars again in shell and look at the error it has and it said it's missing QtQuick.*. So I installed qml-module-qtquick-*
and now appears working well.

Next I will be installing the drivers and run a few tests with my camera and mount.

4 years 5 months ago #44538
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 50
You may find it helpful to see the thread 'AstroPi3 Scripts Revised' which follows the history of Rob's 'rlancaste' excellent scripts for installing a whole package set including on Raspian Buster on the RPi4 (no need to reinvent the wheel!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Wong
4 years 5 months ago #44542

• Thank you received: 12
Thanks I did went to the thread - yet it's kind of long. I managed to build the drivers and make the EKOS works.
I have to build indi-core from source too. Simply apt-get indi-bin would not work - some shared libraries/headers were not installed for building the 3rd party drivers.

Few basic tests: Looping frames in focus module with my Atik, no problem. Connect to Temma2, no problem.

Yet I've found there're 4 horizontal lines at the captured image of my Atik - It may be the driver problem.
4 years 5 months ago #44573

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds