INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Yikes! Major problem tonight

• Thank you received: 155
I upgraded to 3.3.2 and then took off for the weekend to my very dark here in Uganda.

I set up my equipment (ASI 1600mm) as usual, aligned, fucused and acquired a guidesrar with my Lodestar x2. All was well and it behaved as before.

But then every time I started an exposure, the guidecamers and main camera stopped working!!!

This is a very new development and I have seen this before. It requires me to power down and reboot before I could use either camera. I could take images without guiding and it worked great. I could guide without taking pictures, and that too worked well. But if I turn in autoguiding and then try to start a photo sequence with the main camera, both cameras stopped working! This has never happened before. :(
4 years 8 months ago #40788

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Hi PK

Are you using the internal guider or PhD2?
If it is the internal one I would post a log file as it is easier to track down the issues. I recently upgraded to 3.3.2 and all seems to be working OK but I am using PhD2 for guiding.
The weather is awful at the moment so cannot check it out but I will post if the internal is not working when we get clear skies.

Mike
4 years 8 months ago #40802

Oops, sorry for typos. It was 2am and I was trying to warm up in my sleeping bag. Not a good time to time to type on a phone.
4 years 8 months ago #40804

• Thank you received: 86
Same happened to me. Everything was working fine at home with Windows client and RPI Stellarmate server.
However, two nights ago, when I went out to a remote location running everything on RPI - Ekos wouldn't save images.
Both cameras, primary and guide.
Previews, looping, guiding were OK.
Just when it need to save an image (first in the sequence) it would "failed to save image to such and such folder".
Changed "save to" folder - didn't help.
Came back home - same story.
Changed the folder several times more and all of a sudden it started to work!
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by maxthebuilder.
4 years 8 months ago #40820

That's probably the cfitsio complaining about path name. I tried on Linux now and it has no issues with spaces and such.

Do you remember how the folders that "worked" differed from the other problematic folders?
4 years 8 months ago #40842

Mine didn't just not save, both the ASI1600 and the Lodestar guide camera froze. Both worked fine until I tried to take an image while guiding. Then both camera locked up. I disconnected the Lodestar from the ASI1600MM USB port and connected it direct to the computer. Same thing happened.
4 years 8 months ago #40877

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds