INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Where do I set the RGB color space in Ekos?

• Thank you received: 1
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could attach a screenshot of where I can set the RGB colour space in INDI/Ekos. I took some exposures the other night but the FITS header says the colour space was 8-bit instead of 16-bit. This then impacts my ability to debayer in DSS when I stack the images (a post on another forum suggested DSS won't debayer 8-bit images).

Cheers in advance.

Rene
4 years 8 months ago #41211

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi Rene,

Sorry, I cannot make a screenshot because I am at work and my astro gear obviously is at home. However, as soon as you start Ekos you get an INDI Control Panel popup. Go to the tab of your camera and then select the last tab with config parameters of your camera. You may need to expand the popup or click the little arrow button to the right of the tabs to scroll that far to the right. In that tab you should be able to select 16 Bit. Then go to the tab called Options and click the Save button in the Configuration row. That way the setting gets persisted in an XML file and Ekos will set the camera to 16 Bit in the future as well. No need to restart Ekos or KStars by the way, the setting is picked up immediately.

HTH, Wouter
4 years 8 months ago #41220

• Thank you received: 1
That’s great. Thanks for that.
4 years 8 months ago #41225

Time to create page: 0.740 seconds