INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Slow slew rate when polar aligning or manually controlling mount

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

This has been an issue that i cannot seem to figure out the answer too. Whenever i go through the polar align routine, or try to manually slew the mount the speed is very slow. It takes about 6 to ten minutes to get through the polar alignment routine.
The slew rate is set to 256x and i never change it.
Has anyone else had this issue, and hopefully figured it out?

Thanks in advance,
Jason
4 years 7 months ago #42730

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 33
I have the slew rate set to 512x and it takes only 15-20 seconds to do each 30 degree slew in the paa. Can you change the rate or is 256x your only option?
4 years 7 months ago #42787

• Thank you received: 11
You can control the slew rate for polar alignment in that tab, it does work, but I have a similar but slightly different problem in that I'd like to set the slew rate for normal goto's. It always defaults to full speed (600x on my skywatcher mount). So when remote imaging off batteries, it'd be nice to be able to set it to a slower speed to reduce the amperage draw.

It'd be nice to have that mount slew setting moved to the "mount tab" and control the speed of *all* EKOS initiated slews (whether a polar align routing or a normal goto) to that setting.
4 years 7 months ago #42789

• Thank you received: 0
I can change the rate. But only set it slower. The strange thing is that normal slews work fine. Including parking the mount. It's full speed, givin er all she's got! I just can't for the life of me figure out why it's so slow on manual slews through kstars. Or polar align routine...
4 years 7 months ago #43018

• Thank you received: 226
It would be good to know what mount you are using.

As others have pointed out, there is an option for slew speed in one of the early steps of the polar alignment tool so check that first.
You can also find (independent?) speed settings in the INDI control panel under the mount's driver tab. And also inthe mount control popup found in one of the toolbars.

One other though is that some mounts offer a custom speed, for example with the EQmod driver I use with my skywatcher, custom is the last option after the fastest speed. Make sure you are not set to that, or configure the custom rate to be higher just in case.
4 years 7 months ago #43084

• Thank you received: 9
I have the same issue.
Normal slews run fast. Polar align slews very slow. I also selected the fastest slew rate for my iEXOS-100 mount - 256x.
Checked the Polar Align Assistant setting and it's set to 256x. No faster option presented.
In the INDI control panel under Mount -> Motion Control, the Slew Rate options are 4x 16x 64x and 256x. 256x is selected
Under Mount Control, asking the mount to GOTO a location works at full speed and the selector is also set at the max ... 256x

Can't find any way of increasing slews when polar aligning.
2 years 8 months ago #74402

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds