INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars v3.3.6 is released

KStars is available now for all platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux): edu.kde.org/kstars

Highlights are here:

knro.blogspot.com/2019/09/kstars-v336-is-released.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sébastien, Gonzothegreat, Alfred, Oliver, Ferrante Enriques, AstroNerd, Wolfgang Reissenberger, Jerry Black, Brian, Keld Henningsen and 1 other people also said thanks.
4 years 7 months ago #43098

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 40
I see the Auto-Park Every day... wahoo!! I did notice that it keeps taking pictures even after it parks. No problems with that, but something that might be something to look at (there's always something, right?).
Looking at this morning's pictures the CCD Module did stop taking images when the park occurred. Maybe once my guiding aborted. I'd have to test more, but it stopped.

I've played around with Sims using times minutes away and I see the the "Play" button being virtually clicked ;) But sometimes the time does not start counting. I assume it's safe to assume if the counter isn't counting, it won't auto park? I think I tested that if it's not counting, it won't.

I see when stopping and restarting EKOS the mount "Flip if HA" radio buttons are not remembering their selection ( I selected .10 Hours).

Thanks everyone!
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 7 months ago #43101

• Thank you received: 1
Today I upgraded KStars to v3.3.5 (the latest build in the Ubuntu 19.04 PPA, I'm using Kubuntu in the client PC), but whenever I try capturing images with my DSLR, a Nikon D3300, it crashes. The camera is connected to a remote Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with Raspbian (I updated it, too) and INDI 1.7.4, the latest version available in the Downloads page (when will it be updated to INDI 1.8.1?). Capture format is Native (RAW/NEF). If I set the format to FITS or I use my QHY 5L-II camera, KStars does not crash. Also note that the crash happens right after the images has been download and before the FITS Viewer window shows up. I took a look at the KStars v3.3.6 changelots but they don't talk about a similar error. Was it fixed in v3.3.6 and so I just have to wait for the update? Has anyone else experienced with this error?
I hope it could be fixed as soon as possible, because it makes Ekos unusable. Thanks in advance

Error log attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars-201...rash.txt
File Size:16 KB
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Marco Cipriani.
4 years 7 months ago #43146
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 9
I was unaware that the Nikon D3300 was able to be controlled via computers. Did you have to modify it to work with Indi or communicate with Ekos?
4 years 7 months ago #43147

• Thank you received: 1
No, it works without modifications with gPhoto2, so it's fully compatible with the INDI gPhoto driver. Make sure to update the camera. Take a look at this list: www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sébastien
4 years 7 months ago #43149

• Thank you received: 12
Amazing work. I fought a lot this summer with astrometry module, config file, where index file were located.
Probably, Robert Lancaster heard my pray :woohoo: It works wonderful and it's crystal clear.

Thanks
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon using PPA for latest KStars-bleeding and INDI
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with StellarMate
Atik 314E - ASI120M - CG5 with Celestron C9.25
4 years 7 months ago #43166

• Thank you received: 812
I'm not too sure that I can hear prayers ;-)

But, basically, I spent a lot of time about two years ago developing the index file downloader, originally for use on Mac computers. But then some people wanted me to get it to work on Linux shortly thereafter but had issues with the fact that /usr/share/astrometry is a root owned folder on most Linux systems. So we had tried a couple of things at the time and finally I had thought that Jasem had done something that got it working, basically he made another set of index files in a writeable folder and made the config file check both places, and so I thought all was well. But. . . I still saw error reports every now and then and I was confused how there could still be an issue because Jasem's fix should have worked. Then I was playing around on a Linux machine and I found that on that machine, his local astrometry folder didn't get created on that machine!! And at the same time I noticed some more people talking about their confusion about the fact that there are two folders and the user interface confusion in the forum. So I figured that it was time to come up with a way to straighten out the issues. So I spent all my spare time for a few days last week redesigning the interface and now I think it makes a lot more sense, and should solve some issues folks were having.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sébastien, Andrew, olivier GUEROULT, David Tate, Anders Misfeldt
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
4 years 7 months ago #43212

Time to create page: 0.713 seconds