INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS Setup Question from Clueless Noobie

• Thank you received: 812
As I said, check to make sure those checkboxes are checked so it uses the internal drivers.
4 years 7 months ago #43349

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The checkboxes are to the left of the place where it says that path, you need to check them so it looks like my screen shots. You do not have INDI installed at the location you mentioned so make sure you check the boxes.

In the KStars initial setup process on the Mac when it copies the data directory into place it also properly checks those boxes. If you didn’t follow the directions in the QuickStart pdf or if something happened during the install then maybe they did not get checked. But there is an easy fix. Check them.
4 years 7 months ago #43350

Sorry I think I just said that too many times. I apologize.
4 years 7 months ago #43351

• Thank you received: 0
Boxes checked and serious progress made. Thank you VERY MUCH!!!!
Can I assume that the items, represented by the icons, need to be powered up for the icons to populate?
I'm a little bleary. I'll crank into this adventure again tomorrow.
Ted
4 years 7 months ago #43352

So, I've removed everything from my profile leaving only the CCD (QHYCCD 183M), but INDI refuses to connect. The message reads: "Unable to establish QHYCCD". Also, when starting Ekos, the following message is received: "Ekos detected an instance of INDI server running. Do you wish to shut down the existing instance before starting a new one?" I typically choose "NO". Any insight is welcomed. Thanks.
Ted
4 years 7 months ago #43395

First I would try getting used to everything using simulators. Did you try that yet? You will have a much better idea of how to use it with the real equipment then.

If it says that an INDI server is already running, I would tell it to quit that one because you are trying to start a new one. The only reason you might not want to is if you have one already running outside of KStars and you decide you want to use that one

Also if your camera won’t connect, there should be more messages printing out in the log. We would need logs to see why
4 years 7 months ago #43408

Logs from the START:
2019-09-15T16:09:55 Unable to establish:
+ QHY CCD
Please ensure the device is connected and powered on.
2019-09-15T16:09:50 INDI services started on port 7624. Please connect devices.
2019-09-15T16:09:50 Starting INDI services...

QHYCCD camera was connected via USB and powered up prior to START of EKOS. I'd previously chosen the SIMULATOR profile and the software appears to be acting as it should under that profile.
Still a noobie and still clueless. Thanks again for your help!!!
4 years 7 months ago #43411

So I just took a look. This is not an error on your part. It looks like the driver Indi_qhy_ccd has a linking issue. It says it was linked to the qhy library version 5, but on my computer where I was building the dmg, I have qhy library version 6. And since it had an incorrect link, the library didn't get copied into the app bundle. Sorry about that. I might be able to fix this quickly. Let me see.
4 years 7 months ago #43412

I'm feeling tingly all over ;~). Thank you, sir!!!
4 years 7 months ago #43415

After a little more checking into why the linking issue occurred, I found that the qhy Mac library thinks its id is libqhyccd.5.dylib, but the file name is libqhyccd.6.dylib I thought at first, that maybe somebody just made a mistake gave it the wrong id, which I can easily fix, but then I took a look on Github and I see that the Mac library was updated 3 months ago and the others were updated 12 days ago. So now I am thinking that really this is version 5.

github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/3rdparty/libqhy

Let me ask why this is. Maybe somebody forgot to update it. Or maybe they just haven't had time. Anyway, I will ask others about this, and then after work tomorrow, if the version issue gets fixed, I can build a new dmg.
4 years 7 months ago #43418

Perfect. Thanks, again!!
Ted
4 years 7 months ago #43419

Right, this is my fault, I didn't rebuild the updated QHY for Mac. Will do later tonight.
4 years 7 months ago #43420

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds