INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus UPB v2 script question

• Thank you received: 4
Hi,

I am trying out the Pegasus Ultimate Powerbox v2, and mostly it is working well. I hooked an EL flat panel to one of the 12V outputs, and am attempting to turn it on and off using this command:

indi_setprop "Pegasus UPB.POWER_CONTROL.POWER_CONTROL_3=On"
Unfortunately all that is accomplished is that a check appears in the Indi driver's tick box, but the power does not come on. If I click the box in the driver then I can toggle the power.

Does anyone know what command turns the power ports on and off?

Thanks in advance!
4 years 6 months ago #43604

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62
You have to set values for all power controls, not just the one you are changing.
For example, if power controls are all On and you want to switch off POWER_CONTROL_4 only:
indi_setprop "Pegasus UPB.POWER_CONTROL.POWER_CONTROL_1;POWER_CONTROL_2;POWER_CONTROL_3;POWER_CONTROL_4=On;On;On;Off"

This was tested on my UPB v1.
I'm considering an upgrade to v2. With current INDI driver are you able to control the USB hub ports? And the focuser?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Starman99
4 years 6 months ago #43619

• Thank you received: 140
I may be missing something here, but why not just turn it on and off in the INdI driver settings in control panel, as all the outlets have on off control there.... ? I have the version 1 UPB and that’s how I turn them on and off...
4 years 6 months ago #43621

• Thank you received: 62
I think he's writing a script to automate the startup/ shutdown of all devices to save power:
indilib.org/forum/ekos/5681-ekos-scheduler-scripting-help.html
4 years 6 months ago #43629

• Thank you received: 140
Ah, yes I guessed I was missing something....you can tell I am not a coder... :)
4 years 6 months ago #43662

• Thank you received: 4
Yes, I'm trying my hand at scripting this. My hope is to call the 'Turn panel on' script before taking flats, and then turn the panel off with a second script.

There does not seem to be a way to call a script from the Calibration Frames dialog in the Capture module. I wonder if this would be hard to add in?

Maybe a workaround might be to run the script from the File Setting section of the Capture module. I could run a single dummy frame that runs the 'On' script after capture, and then have another dummy turn it off after the sequence is done.

Thanks fenriques for the tip. I'll let you know how it goes with the UPBv2.

I'm not using the focuser (yet), but am able to control the USB ports. There seems to be a little instability with the driver still. I'm getting this message intermittently: [WARNING] Received wrong number of power sensor data. Retrying...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ferrante Enriques
4 years 6 months ago #43684

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds