INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Unexpected shut down of KStars and Ekos, but not Indi server

• Thank you received: 809
For Ubuntu MATE:

sudo apt -y install zram-config

It takes care of everything. If you currently have 4 GB of ram, this will give you close to 8 GB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
4 years 5 months ago #44177

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Last night I tried my first session with my RP4 2gb running KStars on Raspbian.
Polar alignment ran perfectly and smooth (also in full screen).
Guiding ran so I started a small imaging session of 1x60s, 1x120, 1x180, 1x240 and 1x300s subs. During the 180 sub, I wanted to check the Stars on the 120 s and my messing about with the fits viewer, while guiding and taking a 180s sub, caused KStars to crash.
After restarting and reconnecting etc I tried the same imaging session again, this time leasing the poor fits viewer alone. This time no crash.
I then slewed to a New target, solved and synced and started a one hour session of 30s subs - no problems. Darks, Bias and flats afterwards without problems.
So I’ll just try not to push my 2GB RP4 too hard :-) I did notice that my cooler fan was running pretty much all the way through my session.
SkyWatcher ED80 Pro
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod with EQDIR cable
ZWO ASI294MC Pro imaging camera
QHY5L-II-C guide camera on 50mm guidescope
DeepSkyDad AF3 autofocuser
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB running Kstars/Ekos
4 years 5 months ago #44178

• Thank you received: 19
Just wanted to inform that i have crashes here too. Running KStars on my ASUS VIVOBOOK with KDE Neon and Plasma.
I can sometimes trigger that by using the fitsviewer, and sometimes its just out of nothing...
But when a session is running, and i do not do too much clicking around its stable.

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
4 years 5 months ago #44179

• Thank you received: 6

Same here. I don't remember crashing in another module, but most of the time if I play with the fits viewer, trying to zoom or touching the "default zoom" or anything related I crash 8 times out of 10. Very frustrating, so I try to do without using the zoom feature at all.
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Yannic Delisle.
4 years 5 months ago #44180

There was a fix to a crash in FITS Viewer in nightly builds a few days ago. So it would help to know if you're using nightly or stable. For the advanced users, a gdb backtrace would *immensely* helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
4 years 5 months ago #44188

• Thank you received: 19
Hey Jasem.

ATM i use the latest stable version.
I‘ll have a try on latest nightly.

I will habe to write down how to install...
Too less linux-knowledge, used too less times...

Cheers
Niki

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
4 years 5 months ago #44189

• Thank you received: 49
Last night I had a successful session with my usual setup having switched back to my Canon 450D. At first I tried my 550D, but on each of two times I tried to Polar Align, KStars/Ekos would crash just before showing the Alignment Frame I.e. at the end of the 3 plate solves. Back with the 450D and no crashes. I noted a significant difference in the solving times between the two cameras 9 secs for the 12Mpixel 450D, twice as long for the 18Mpixel 550D. Next clear night I’ll try out my RPi4 4GB rather than my 2GB, although the latter is housed in a flirc case and stays very cool outside with no fan.
4 years 5 months ago #44408

• Thank you received: 10
does the software updater on the pi4 os check for the nightly builds ?? if not, how do you set the pi4 updater to check the nightly builds ?
4 years 5 months ago #44422

• Thank you received: 33
The terminal commands to go back and forth between stable and nightly are here:
indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html

I haven't looked at the Stellarmate OS lately so I'm assuming it is still Ubuntu....
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Brian.
4 years 5 months ago #44424

• Thank you received: 182

I still have random crashes on the Pi4 using nightly from 10/7. FITS viewer was open, so that could have been the problem.

Sorry, only just now saw this post from you, Jasem. I will run gdb backtrace next time that happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 5 months ago #44454

Time to create page: 0.832 seconds