INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Summary screen doesn't show captures

• Thank you received: 160
Hi, my summary screen doesn't show any pictures anymore. Am I missing an option in the preferences or is it a bug? I'm on latest nightlies but the issue is present for quite a while already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacob Rodriguez
4 years 4 months ago #45210

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
There is an option in KStars/Ekos preferences to use the Summary Screen Preview. In KStars choose the "Settings" menu and then choose "Confugure KStars..." and then in the Configure screen on the left click "Ekos" and choose the "Capture" tab and there is an option to activate called"Summary Screen Preview". Once this is active you should then see your current image in the Summary Screen. See the attached screen capture:

Hope this helps!
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Midwest Astronomer.
4 years 4 months ago #45216
Attachments:

Hi LinuxUser, thank you so much for your help! I checked my prefs and found they are exactly as you suggest. While my prefs window looks slightly different, the options set are the same.

I'm currently shooting more M45 and despite the setting, the summary screen does not show any captures. :-(
4 years 4 months ago #45219
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 226
What happens if your turn off DSLR Image Viewer?
4 years 4 months ago #45220

Same issue, no images on summary screen. But something else happens: With DSLR Image Viewer turned off, I can't see any pictures in the guide TAB anymore! Neither previews (Capture) nor guide images (Guide) will be displayed, thus I cannot choose a guide star. With DSLR Image Viewer enabled again, the pictures return. Weird!
4 years 4 months ago #45222

• Thank you received: 6
I'm having the same issue, thought I'm on the Raspberry Pi4 OS, but I remember the same thing was happening on the RPi3 as well. No preview Image on the Nightly Build version as well.
To be honest, I've never seen a preview image in that window so far, even if the settings are all activated. So there should be something happening here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
4 years 4 months ago #45227

• Thank you received: 2
Did you ever manage to get this working, I'm having the same issue with EKOS on a Mac. I've checked my summary preview checkbox.
3 years 10 months ago #53119

• Thank you received: 182
Did you check the FITS viewer window? When I had the issue, the Summary preview under the Capture Tab was not clicked, or the FITS viewer was not activated or I was running in Limited Resources Mode.
It is working fine for me with the stable build from April 25.
3 years 10 months ago #53121

• Thank you received: 155
Only works for me on my MAC when I have images also saved on my Mac. If I keep them on the Ubuntu box at the scope, then I will not see them in the Summary Screen.

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacob Rodriguez
3 years 10 months ago #53126

• Thank you received: 2
Toggled it off and on again, now working, thanks for your help
3 years 10 months ago #53136

• Thank you received: 1
I encountered the same issue, but it worked once I saved the pictures as fits, not as native (cr2). This is kind of ok, but the file size of fits is still twice as much as cr2 for me, so I would love to have this work with cr2 instead of fits.
Also, the cr2 showed up in a separate kstars viewer, but without any controls in the viewer - so not very useful.
Best regards
Stephan
3 years 8 months ago #56520

Time to create page: 1.763 seconds