INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Exposure not finishing until other devices are disconnected.

• Thank you received: 2
After the update to 3.3.8 I experienced following issue on a friends Ekos:

A preview (or sequence) exposure will not finish until I disconnect the two other devices (Mount & Focuser) from Ekos.

My first thought was a PC (USB bus problem), but I'm not sure that it is. Maybe someone can shed a light on it?

Here's the debug log:

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-11-52.txt
File Size:253 KB

I couldn't locate any INDI logs, so hopefully the debug log will tell us something.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
4 years 4 months ago #45910
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update: When I set the image size to 640x480 it all works as expected, all devices connected and images expose and download normally. Isn't that weird???
4 years 4 months ago #45965

No that's not weird.. in fact, I added a sort of hack a few days ago related to this: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/commit/...5e9b0afe630477e38c7a

So if it detects width > 3000, it reduces USB speed by 1 which make my Toup camera work... but given your case where it is 1280x900 and it is still problematic.. maybe it should always set USB speed to MAX-1 regardless of width on ARM architecture... can you check? Set to 1280 and reduce USB speed by one, does it work?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Porters
4 years 4 months ago #46023

I will try and let you know here.
Thanks,

Paul
4 years 4 months ago #46035

I tried your suggestion, and reduced the speed from 4 to 3 (or did you mean something else?).

But unfortunately the exposure didn't finish, also tried all the speedsettings 0-4 and with a 1280x960 it just won't finish and download. At 640x480 all works correctly.
Same as earlier, when I disconnect the two other devices, it does finish & download the exposure.
4 years 4 months ago #46037

One thing more, you mentioned ARM architecture.. I don'tknow if it matters, but Kstars/Ekos is running on Kubuntu 18.04 on a regular PC.
4 years 4 months ago #46039

On PC it shouldn't have a problem then. I think it is worth submitting a ticket with Toupcam to bring this to their attention and they might be able to help.
4 years 4 months ago #46081

Time to create page: 0.705 seconds