INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding rate configuration

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,
Running Ekos.
Indi control panel shows 2.22g for firmware number.
My declination axis seems to oscillate + and - around the zero on the drift scale. Max swing around 5 arcseconds.
I'm thinking that I should fine tune the pid parameters to see if I can stabilize it.

Is this correct and if so where can I change the parameters. I've looked at every tab and menu I can find and am at a loss of what to exactly do.
I might add that the mount is a 1980's vintage C8 fork mount. I've pulled the 110 volt motor out and replace the RA with a stepper motor and mounted a dec stepper to control the declination axis. Using Onstep for control. So I have no manufacture information on configuring the mount and recommended guide rate etc.

Thanks in advance,
Wayne Hilliard
4 years 4 months ago #46168

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 138
The PID settings are on the settings tab that's behind the drift display - the bullseye.

Can you work out the guide rate from the motor gearing and the number of steps per revlution of your motor?

Or acquire an image and plate solve it, guide in Dec for, say 5 seconds, acquire another image and plate solve it. The difference in dec should give you an idea of the guide rate. Try both ways.

Chris
4 years 4 months ago #46188

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks Chris, can't believe I missed that. The derivative setting is grayed out though, I assume I can enable it?
Thanks again
Wayne
4 years 4 months ago #46190

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds