INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos - MGEN support

• Thank you received: 0

Ekos - MGEN support was created by Thomas

Hi all,

I'm very new to Ubuntu, kstars, ekos and indi so forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions. And please be easy with linux related stuff because I need exact and well written tutorials to understand what to do xD

I recently switched from windows to ubuntu on my obsy pc because I may want to use a raspberry in the future. And to see if I even like it or not I tried ekos out. And I love it so far! The combo of kstars, ekos, plate solving and other stuff is great and really really easy to use with a very good gui - very well done!

After some problems with my MFOC (had to use that serial mapping tutorial from indi) and initial problems with plate solving, everything works flawlessly now. Last night I made some good progress and first light with ekos on m45 but I noticed a problem with the mgen guider I have.

The driver (think it's called indi-mgen), for whatever reason, couldn't connect to the mgen and always failed to "turn on device".

With all the github branches, ppa, ....linux stuff I can't rly figure out if there is more than one driver, which driver to pick, how to even get this driver if I need another one and so on. So maybe some mgen User can guide me to the correct driver so that I can use the mgen with dithering in conjunction with ekos? And yes I know there's another thread from a year ago about this, but I don't know if that's still relevant.

Also, in the next two weeks lacerta releases the mgen III - one click AG solution. This should be easier to implement to ekos? Is there someone able who already wants to work on this new driver?

And on a sidenote and without starting a new thread. If I understand this correct then "sudo apt-get update" should update everything, including ubuntu, right? But everytime I do this it says "ppa jamutlaq...(the indi/ekos/kstars thingy I added according to some tutorial I found) isn't signed and isn't automatically updated ". Maybe someone can guide me on how to add that ppa so that this doesn't show up anymore and I only need one command to remember to update the whole system.

Thanks and clear skies
4 years 4 months ago #46429

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thomas on topic Ekos - MGEN support

Anyone able to help? Mgen still doesn't work properly with ekos. I can guide ofc and take pics seperately with ekos but that means I can't dither at all because ekos is not talking to the mgen
4 years 3 months ago #47106

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds