INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler/Capture keeps resetting to the start

• Thank you received: 138
I'm trying to run a shedule and it keeps resetting to the start. What seems to be happening is that the capture module has a guide limit set and when that is exceeded not only is capture paused but the entire capture shedule is reset to the start. As a result I've got 65 frames of the first 20 and no progress past that.

I would expect that the guiding error would pause and resume capture unti the guide accuracy was reduced, or even the last frame was discarded, but it's not doing that. It seems to be restarting the whole sequence. I'm not sure if it will be the entire thing or just the set of frames, it hasn't got beyond the first set of frames.

It seems a bit extreme to keep restarting the sequence, is there a way to do what I would expect, to pause until things are OK, then continue?

Chris

PS. Part of the reason for the failure turned out to be the broken Linux implementation of Bluetooth. No guiding corrections were getting through so not surprising it was having problems. All the same I wouldn't expect it to keep restarting.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Chris Rowland.
4 years 3 months ago #46576

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's a good point. But the code as you can see is pretty complex and that way to handle errors and timeouts vary from one component to another. IIRC, the capture sequence (by itself, without scheduler) would abort until guiding is OK. Now with the scheduler, it could be that it asks for a complete restart of the sequence. However, if "Remember Job Progress" is checked, then this has the same effect as it should pickup from where it left.
4 years 3 months ago #46682

• Thank you received: 138
Just checked, I do have "Remember Job Progress" checked.

I understand entirely about how complex this is. Part of my former day job was as a member of the team developing automation software for a microanalysis system. It was all very similar except that we were looking at the very small, not the very large, and were using an electron microscope, not a telescope.
4 years 3 months ago #46707

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds