INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars v3.3.9 Release

Happy new year everyone! KStars v3.3.9 is now available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.

It includes new FITS Viewer controls, a new linear Autofocus algorithm that helps those with backlash issues, improved DSLR focusing, and a new western sky culture!

INDI v1.8.3 was also released yesterday with many improvements and a new experimental RainbowAstro mount driver.

knro.blogspot.com/2020/01/kstars-v339-is-released.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim, Jose Corazon, Brian, Marc
4 years 2 months ago #47561

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic KStars v3.3.9 Release

Happy New Year! Thank you for giving us EKOS and Thank You for your patience with this unruly bunch of EKOS addicts!

:-)

PS: Will Hy's linear autofocus algorithm also work for those of us who are using the Shoestring astronomy timer based autofocus module? Or will it only work for stepper motor driven autofocusers?
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Jose Corazon.
4 years 2 months ago #47563

• Thank you received: 559

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic KStars v3.3.9 Release

I'll try to answer but I'm not familiar with the time-based module you speak of. My new algorithm only runs if (a) you select it from the drop-down menu, and (b) if currentFocuser->canRelMove() is true, or if currentFocuser->canAbsMove() is true. If neither of those is true, then it won't run. From the name (timer-based) is sounds to me like, unfortunately, it wouldn't run.

I'll let Jasem answer more fully, though.

That said, if I'm right in what I said above, and you think it would be valuable, and you would be willing to help me test ;) I don't see why we couldn't translate stepper steps to milliseconds that a motor runs and allow it to run.

Hy
4 years 2 months ago #47588

• Thank you received: 27
hi jaseem!
first of all - thank you for your ongoing effort - you hopefully know how much this means to our community!

having said that - i think i was amongst the first ones to install it this afternoon 5 pm CET, and when i went to the observatory, i had to realize that the two ZWO cameras cause the indiserver to crash. as i wanted to expose, i just went back to 3.3.6, where all works nice ... maybe there is a mistake on my side, but i just wanted to let you know :)
yours wolfi
4 years 2 months ago #47590

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Marc on topic KStars v3.3.9 Release

Happy New Year !!!

- Marc
4 years 2 months ago #47591

• Thank you received: 16
Happy New Year!
Thank you to all the developers and contributors!
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Midwest Astronomer.
4 years 2 months ago #47594

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic KStars v3.3.9 Release

Thanks, Hy!

I would LOVE to test it, and I am sure Wouter would as well. We are both using the Shoestring Astronomy autofocus module with our own self-built analog autofocusers. Those are timer based. We are also plagued with variable degrees of backlash, so your new autofocus algorithm would be a godsend for us. I am sure I am speaking also Wouter when I say that we would very much like to help perfecting it.

Thanks again so much for your contributions to EKOS!

Jo
4 years 2 months ago #47595

Time to create page: 0.757 seconds