INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stop EKOS overwriting configuration on disconnect

• Thank you received: 14
I just added an ASI294MC pro to my setup. My guide cam is an ASI224MC. I created 2 configuration files ZWO CCD_ASI294MC_config.xml
and ZWO CCD_ASI294MC_config.xml which have my settings using the SAVE buttons in indi control panel. I did this because I found
the SAVE button gave either a correct 224 config or a 294 config depending which device panel I saved from. Although SAVE puts 2 entries
in the ZWO\ CCD_config.xml I found always one of them was incomplete or incorrect. If I remove ZWO\ CCD_config.xml then at startup
both cameras have the right settings from the 2 separate config files. However when I disconnect and press stop it then rewrites a new
(incorrect) ZWO\ CCD_config.xml . The new one is then read at the next startup.
To cut short- is it possible to stop indi saving the ZWO config files on exit ? Alternatiively, to make indi save a single config which is correct for
both cameras ?
4 years 2 months ago #47959
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
Just a note. This was fixed a while ago. I made a note in another post re fix.
The problem I had was that Indi web manager wasn't able to configure my profile
as it couldn't find python. I'm using ubuntu 20.x server which comes with python3 binary and no python. It appeared to work
but actually isn't doing things properly.

The fix is to
set a link so that python3 is used when python scripts are used in indi web sever.

cd /usr/bin
sudo ln -s python3 python

I think same applies to Linux Mint 20.x .
(Nothing is required for rpios/raspbian/astroberry)
2 years 5 months ago #77001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds