INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Does anyone have the autostar function working?

• Thank you received: 155
Its been almost a year since the autostar function stopped working on my Ubuntu 16.04 box or Mac OSX. With every upgrade I hope it will work again, but so far not.
Without it, I can't use the scheduler or unattended meridian flip. It always selects an empty space, then fails to find a guide star or a focus star,.

Additionally the subframe does not work either, but I can live without that.

Peter
4 years 2 months ago #48529

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
I use autostar all the time both for focusing (though I prefer full frame focusing now) and guiding and it works flawlessly. Ubuntu 18.04 and MacOS.
4 years 2 months ago #48539

I have INDI running in Ubuntu 16.04 and connect via my MacBook. It fails every time. Perhaps it’s an issue with 16.04 Ubuntu?
4 years 2 months ago #48542

Are you using the Ubuntu version of KStars/EKOS and using VNC or are you just connecting to INDI on the Ubuntu box from your Mac?
4 years 2 months ago #48543

• Thank you received: 46
Hi,

When I use Autostar often my images tend to look like this..

I guess it finds a white pixel and start guiding but changes its mind and finds a star to guide on after a while.
Maybe it should be possible to set a parameter to filter out a single pixel and find a star that occupies more than the one pixel and make up its mind to stick with that selection.

Br,
/Markku
4 years 2 months ago #48545
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
I use VNC to connect to my Ubuntu machine but occasionally I run KStars on my MacBook with all my equipment directly connected to it as well. In both cases it works flawlessly.

In order to not guide on a hot pixel you need to take a dark for your guide cam.
4 years 2 months ago #48550

I just upgraded my NanoPC T4 to Ubuntu 18.04 and so far all is working well!
It selected a star, put it in a box, and guiding is going great! :)
4 years 2 months ago #48556

I spoke too soon. :(
It must have been a fluke, and that a star just happened to be in the right location.
All night long it continued to fail. The box would appear in the center of the field of view, regardless if there was a star in it or not - usually not. (90% of the time).

So the auto star function, and even the subframe selector failed. I would select a star, and as soon as I pressed the guide button, it would remove the green box and put it over an empty space.

This is with Lubuntu 18.04 and the latest download of the stable release of INDI and Kstars.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try?
4 years 2 months ago #48591

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds