INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS in KStars 3.4.0 does not connect to remote site AND fails now even locally!

• Thank you received: 72
Today I installed the new KStars 3.4.0 and due to a connection stall (see attachment) Ekos cannot connect anymore to the remote site!! Falling back to 3.3.9 works!

I get no logging messages, so I can't say more.

Antonio

(Working on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Toni Schriber.
4 years 1 month ago #48816
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 46
Hi,

You're right, I can't connect to my obsy today, Ekos shows a strange telephone symbol instead of connecting and nothing at all in logs..
It looks like this,

Br,
/Markku
4 years 1 month ago #48866
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 165
If you are compiling KStars youself, you can try the patch at phabricator.kde.org/D27111 or wait for a new build. It seems in recent change to make connecting asynchronous a piece of code was accidentally left out from the case when connecting to remote server without using web manager. Local server and remote connection with web manager seemed to work.
4 years 1 month ago #48880

• Thank you received: 117
For those of us that don't regularly build the code, it would be greatly appreciated if this could be reinserted back into the build soon so we can pick it up with the Software Updater.
4 years 1 month ago #48898

• Thank you received: 17
Seems to be the same problem that I am experiencing, see
indilib.org/forum/ekos/6395-can-not-star...01-31t22-40-04z.html

This was with the latest nightly.
4 years 1 month ago #48928

• Thank you received: 165
The fix is now in and should be in the next nightly as well.
4 years 1 month ago #48933

• Thank you received: 1
My Ubuntu 18.04 has updated to Kstars 3.4.0 and I saw this strange phone that appears once connected to my remote stuff. It comes in place of the 'stop' button after the circled 'play' button was clicked. In my case everything works fine, my remote stuff is operated by a Raspberry PI3B+ and AstroPi3 suite. Logs works well for me. Under witch OS it happened ?
4 years 1 month ago #49130

• Thank you received: 17
I don't know which is the OP uses, but I use Ubuntu 16.04 and the issue was fixed in the nightly a few days ago.
4 years 1 month ago #49135

Hi all!

I can confirm the last message from jpaana and universalmaster: Nightly builds are working again.
But I'm waiting eagerly for the new stable build. It is not the best sense of security it you have to work with a "non productive" software!
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Toni Schriber.
4 years 1 month ago #49142

Two days ago, I had a really bad time: Ekos 3.4.0-stable ceased to work even locally! It kept crashing again and again pretending there was an indiserver already running!?!?

First I was close to give up, but then I switched to the nightly build and all was working well again. I'm perplexed :-(

Could it be, that the "stable build 3.4.0" (from february) is not stable at all anymore? When will the "stable build" be stable again?
4 years 1 month ago #49333

Time to create page: 1.153 seconds