INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can not start ekosin kstars Build: 2020-01-31T22:40:04Z

• Thank you received: 17
Hi!

I wanted to try the latest version of the linear focusing algorithm, so I updated indi and kstars to the latest nightly, but I can no longer start ekos. This is all I get in the log after pressing the ">" sign to start ekos:

[2020-02-02T11:35:58.968 CET DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos] - Resetting Ekos Manager...
[2020-02-02T11:35:58.976 CET WARN ][ default] - QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'filter_db' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
[2020-02-02T11:35:58.976 CET WARN ][ default] - QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'filter_db', old connection removed.
[2020-02-02T11:35:58.985 CET DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.scheduler] - Scheduler Ekos status is 1

Nothing is shown in the message window and it all just "hangs" until I press the "old phone" button to abort the connection. I have tried to reboot, but the same happens.

I use a 'remote' indi server but running on the same host as kstars. If I switch to 'local' in the ekos profile and let ekos start indi, then it seems to work and start the drivers.

If I want to switch to ekos starting indi ('local'), how do I make ekos turn on power to my equipment before launching indi and the drivers? I have a simple shell command to power on (and off) the equipment...

Best Regards,
Søren
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by S.
4 years 2 months ago #48854

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
I also had a problem when I installed from sources yesterday, but that was an installation error. Instead of troubleshooting, I purged KStars and then reinstalled from nightly.

That worked.

The linear focusing algorithm works great on a 3D printed focuser, driven by a uxcell 6V micro motor and FCUSB! I posted images in Hy’s thread, have another screenshot of an even better, I.e. almost picture perfect focus routine.

Send me a message and your email address and we can discuss more offline, if you want.

Jo
4 years 2 months ago #48862

• Thank you received: 420
Please add me on CC when you send a reply, Jo!
4 years 2 months ago #48863

• Thank you received: 17
The issue seem to have been fixed now. Thanks to whoever did it :-)
4 years 2 months ago #49014

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds