INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Bug ?

• Thank you received: 31

Ekos Bug ? was created by Marc

Hello Jasem,

I'm trying to use my ASI290mm planetary camera as a polarscope with EKOS to polar align.
The camera is inserted in the polar finder hole of my SW EQ6-R Pro with a device of my own.
My lens is a $30 2.8-12mm FD 1.4 ZWO cctv zoom set at 12mm. I get a splendid image of the polar region, a bit large ( ~26°x15°).

Here's the problem:

I try to create a telescope profile with my zoom, intended only to polar align:
- The profile manager refuses my input, saying my FOV is out of bound...
My FOV should not be out of bound, being 1608.41' x 910.54' (~1800' circular) as I have index-4219 supposed to go until 2000'. ?

- The FOV displayed in the Align Tab (6.88' x 3.93') is wrong, being that of my profile #1 (C11). ZWO zoom is Profile #3.

- Once the "out of bound "alert box is displayed, you can't get rid of it, even when you quit Kstars. You have to pkill a remnant instance of Kstars to do so.
You close the box once with the OK button, then the alert box reappears without the OK button, so you can't close it. The [x] button doesn't work either.

In order to narrow my FOV, I need to resize my image (1936x1096) down to 1096x1096 ( ~ 15°x15°, instead of 26°x15°).
So I do it in the Camera Tab then change the origin, [(1936-1096)/2] It works fine... In the Camera Tab.

- But if I try to reduce the FOV by cropping the image, (in the Camera Tab), the Align Tab keeps the original default image size instead.
(But if I change the gain in the Camera Tab, the gain in the Align Tab is changed too...).
Trying to crop it in the INDI panel doesn't work either)

All this with commit 25cd6994317abd7cdd11b78ebb31a62cc4834636

Hope my post is clear enough :)

- Marc
4 years 2 months ago #49132

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Ekos Bug ?

Thank you for the report Marc and sorry about this, it's now fixed in GIT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc
4 years 2 months ago #49146

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Marc on topic Ekos Bug ?

Thanks, Jasem, but I believe there's still a vicious bug with the FOV in the Align Tab.
It is difficult to reproduce. It occurs only when you enter a large FOV, (manually or calculated from a telescope profile number), something larger than 999' X whatever'. The field becomes something like " 1.6e+03' x 911' " ( for 1604' x 911' ) then turns to something strange, really pointless (like 3' x 911' in my case.)
At that point, If you change the profile number of your scope and watch the FOV in the Align Tab, some profiles still work fine, but the first seem to have been overwritten by the "3' x 911'" entry. I'd say something stupid, it looks like some stack overflow.
Once the bug has appeared, you need to restart Kstars to recover the original profiles.
I' made a [ git checkout "a previous commit" ], rebuilt and the bug was already there, pre-existing the one you just fixed.

- Marc
4 years 2 months ago #49206

• Thank you received: 0
i installed Kstars/Ekos vis Rob Lancaster script on RPi4 64GB ram. Everything setup/connects and works fine manually ( camera, mount plate solve etc).
When using new Polar Align function Kstar crashes every time. It captures first image, plate solves OK then crashes when attempting to rotate mount 30deg.
I then ran Kstars in ‘gdb -ex run kstars’  mode to get output but instead of crashing the RPi4 Freezes so i cannot get a crash dump.

How can i get diagnostic info for you please???
i cannot test daytime (??)  as i need real plate solve when Polar aligning.. 
2 years 9 months ago #72958

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds