INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO 8 Position Filter Wheel - *SOLVED*

• Thank you received: 1
Just wondering why I am unable to assign filters to slots 6-8 on my ZWO 8 position filter wheel? I am running K-Stars/Ekos on Astroberry and only have the option for 5 slots on the filter wheel, despite it being an 8 position wheel, and being able to move through all eight positions.

Jim
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Jim Johnston.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50394
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
Not sure. I also have the ASI 8 position filter wheel and all positions are detected correctly.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50405

• Thank you received: 139
I have seen a case where someone previously had the 5 position wheel installed, and then installed the 8, and the 5 driver stuck. There's some thing you can do to reset the driver, but I don't remember what it is. That was how they fixed the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 3 weeks ago #50406

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic ZWO 8 Position Filter Wheel

I imagine locating the EFW .xml files in your ~/.indi folder and deleting or moving it to another location then restarting INDI would probably reset the configuration, you'll have to re-assign your filter names after doing that though.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50416

• Thank you received: 1
*SOLVED*

I deleted the "ASI EFW_config.xml" and "ASI EFW_config.xml.default" files and then restarted K-Stars and this solved the issue.

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 3 weeks ago #50419

• Thank you received: 12
While I'm happy for you that you've solved it, I did want to chime in to mention that the error is still present as of version 1.7 of indi_asi_efw, using KStars 3.4.2, latest Astroberry dist.

It's odd to me because restarting my remote Astroberry will sometimes bring up the 8pos efw plainly, but restarting later will revert back to the 5pos efw. What gives? If the 8pos efw is detected by EKOS, can it not signal to overwrite the old config file? May I ask for someone who is familiar with the code to explain why it sometimes chooses one and the rest of the time, the other? Trying to understand the workings behind both ekos/indi and my equipment drivers.

Cheers,

Jacob
3 years 9 months ago #54864
Attachments:

Time to create page: 2.278 seconds