INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focus Tab's "Capture Image" button takes multiple pictures

• Thank you received: 160
During my last session I found the "Capture Image" button triggers multiple images when "average over" in the Process Sub-TAB is set to a value >=1 frames. I believe this is not intended since the "Capture Image" button IMO is meant to provide a quick check of the FOV and select a guide star whereas taking multiple frames should be reserved to the actual autofocus process.
3 years 11 months ago #51438

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
I tend to disagree there. I used the single capture often for a verification of the current focus. This use case is (IMO) in line with the continuous mode that also is intended for real focus measurements.
3 years 11 months ago #51514

When you hit the "Auto Focus" button to initiate the autofocus procedure, several pictures are taken only to allow the user to select a star to focus on. Is that a useful thing, too?
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Alfred.
3 years 11 months ago #51515

I'd say yes. The user might use full field and/or auto select star. Apart from that, IMO you should rather select the star under the same conditions that you later use to evaluate.
3 years 11 months ago #51517

That's EXACTLY the answer that I expected. :lol:
3 years 11 months ago #51525

What do you expect? You base your request on (only) your use case. And I agree, just for getting a reference image for star selection this might be overkill. I try to point out that yours is not the only use case for this button (and IMO not even the intended one), and that the other use cases require that it woks the same as during AF.

If you don't want to hear other opinions, don't ask ;)
3 years 11 months ago #51545

• Thank you received: 69
I use that button for focusing, as with my focuser the Autofocus algorithms essentially doesn't work. If you want to check the FOV / Alignment I think this is better done in the Alignment tab, as there are more tools specific to FOV / Alignment there, use the focus tab for focusing.
3 years 11 months ago #51547

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds