INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Problems with Focus Module (Images not coming in)

• Thank you received: 9
Has anyone ever had this problem???? This is a completely new problem for me. I've been using Ekos for about a year now and now after about the first two focus runs, the fits are not showing up on the screen and the focus module is reading the same old image over and over, thus the HFR never changes and the focus routine finishes without actually reading any new images. It could be related with another new problem that's been happening with the summary screen preview fits sometimes do not come in to the preview screen. The Indi messages say that the image was downloaded but the images are never shown on the screen. I'm using a ASI183MM-PRO, Moonlite focuser, Powered USB Hub, raspberry pi4 with the latest Stellarmate OS.

Perhaps I'll try a different USB cable for the ASI183? What Logs do I need to turn on if I need go that route?

THANKS, WES

3 years 11 months ago #51893
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pay no attention to the steps at the top. I was taking flats this morning and had to move it back to where I thought focus might be.
3 years 11 months ago #51894

• Thank you received: 117
We have a pretty similar setup (I use the ASI183mc Pro with a RPi4). I doubt your cable is the issue. I'd start debugging elsewhere. Have you tried just capturing a preview or loop mode (buttons to right of stop) separate from running the autofocus routine)? Your description is so odd, that I would suspect program confusion of some kind. Did you try a program exit & restart? What about a Pi4 reboot? I never have had the problem you describe, so I guess it could be hardware, but I'd be surprised.... Please let us know what you find so that we'll all know what it was! Cheers, Doug
3 years 11 months ago #51897

Preview and loop buttons work just fine. You brought something to my attention. The only time this problem happened is when it was doing a scheduled auto-focus on it's own! I guess I can turn on EKOS focus module logs and CCD logs?
3 years 11 months ago #51901

• Thank you received: 420
I have seen exactly the same issue with the scheduled auto-focus. I have switched that off and make sure to not run jobs longer than an hour so I can trigger an auto-focus myself.

EDIT: See this thread:

indilib.org/forum/ekos/6674-scheduled-refocus-failing.html
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 11 months ago #51902

I don't run auto-scheduled focus runs...can't help there. Others can weigh in. Logs will help if there is a bug to be chased....
3 years 11 months ago #51903

I just did a simulation scheduled auto-focus routine and it happened! Now, we're on the right path. I turned on file verbose logging for Focus Module and CCD but no log files were saved. What am I missing here?
3 years 11 months ago #51904

That seems ok...should work. In any case, to make a minimal log, you might want to stop/restart kstars/ekos and re-run the example so you'll only have the issue in the log...
3 years 11 months ago #51906

Thanks. Yeah I just can't get it to save any logs. I restarted ekos/kstars and rebooted the pi. Still can't get it to save any logs.
3 years 11 months ago #51908

THANKS! Sorry I just saw your "EDIT". So this sure sounds like the problem I'm having. Jasem says the problem is fixed in "GIT". What does that mean? Is that the nightly builds?
3 years 11 months ago #51910

The logs are in the .local/share/kstars/logs directory which isn't visible by default in file explorer. From a command line you should be able to access them. Or press the Open Log Dir button

3 years 11 months ago #51911
Attachments:

GIT is the source code repository from which the nightly builds get created.I already tested with the nightly builds and the bug is still there.
3 years 11 months ago #51912

Time to create page: 1.174 seconds