INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5M SSAG/ZWO CCD

• Thank you received: 0

QHY5M SSAG/ZWO CCD was created by Joe

Everything was guiding great until I added a new ASI294MC camera. I’m not sure if I have old issue with the QHY5 cameras not being supported anymore.
Since adding the new imaging camera the info box at the bottom of the guide camera panel says; PA drifting forward, PA driving reverse and stops at GUIDE_RA scope cannot reach point after 21 iterations. Possible mount or backlash problems...
While imaging I’m seeing very slow performance, multiple cursors, crashing etc. I’ve tried both connecting directly with USB to my RPI4 and the hub on the back of the ASI294. I’ve tried multiple USB cables. I’ve tried using guider options SSAG and QHYCCD. I didn’t think last night to enable logs, can these be generated in the daytime or does it need to be a live session? Ekos stability improves with the SSAG removed.
The camera does capture an image fine, but I’m not able to change the bin from 1x1 (says option not supported).
I’m not sure what other information I need to gather to troubleshoot.
I’m also not opposed to buying a new guider if that’s the issue. Any suggestions for models would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 years 10 months ago #53621

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic QHY5M SSAG/ZWO CCD

I found a new issue that is possibly related.

I recently installed Ubuntu MATE 20.04 on my Pi4 as described in a previous post. It worked almost straight out of the box, but since my last update (directly from the git) Kstars crashes upon loading. The crash happens when it attempts to load my ZWO imaging and guide cameras. I also have a PoleMaster (QHY CCD) which loads first. When I remove the PoleMaster from the load sequence, the ZWOs load without a problem. Also, adding the PoleMaster back later via the Device Manager also works and does not result in a crash.

Was there a recent QHYCCD driver update that could potentially explain this?

Jo
3 years 10 months ago #53626

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds