INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI libraries for macOS

• Thank you received: 0
Hello!

I'd like to know if there are indi libraries (that I installed on Ubuntu) also for macOS, in order to run a python code which import PyIndi

Thank you
3 years 10 months ago #54242

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I am trying to install PyIndi for macos, to use python with indi and kstars. I tried and failed with the pip installation for pyindi-client 0.2.5. The problem seen below is the missing library, "libindiclient.a".

(base) bluefish:~ Family$ pip3 install pyindi-client
Collecting pyindi-client
Downloading pyindi-client-0.2.5.tar.gz (12 kB)
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /Users/Family/anaconda3/bin/python -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/private/var/folders/y6/2cvdb0y53h57ttlddtp9zp140000gn/T/pip-install-cypx74_l/pyindi-client/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/private/var/folders/y6/2cvdb0y53h57ttlddtp9zp140000gn/T/pip-install-cypx74_l/pyindi-client/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /private/var/folders/y6/2cvdb0y53h57ttlddtp9zp140000gn/T/pip-pip-egg-info-lac5fw51
cwd: /private/var/folders/y6/2cvdb0y53h57ttlddtp9zp140000gn/T/pip-install-cypx74_l/pyindi-client/
Complete output (3 lines):
Unable to find libindiclient.a in
Please specify a path where to find libindiclient.a in the setup.py script
Exiting
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

I looked for this missing library, but cannot locate it. Also, I have kstars installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Bob
3 years 8 months ago #57246

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.073 seconds