INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Meridian Flip

1 month 2 weeks ago
El Corazon
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Meridian Flip #54674

maxthebuilder wrote: I was going to praise the meridian flip in Ekos as it didn't fail me... ever. I am praising it actually.
Last night, however, it did fail.
No updates to the system.
SM 1.5.2 on RPI4. Windows client. KStars 3.4.2.
Have been using this config since early March (in self-isolation).
So. Last night it failed. It started the flip but the slew never ended. The speed slowed down to almost zero and it was going and going and going very slowly...
I had to shut the system down and restart.
The night before was just fine (and many nights before too were fine).
Strange glitch.

Hi Max,

I am having exactly the same problem, but only lately. Can you post your log file, there is something I want to check with regards to the very slow slew. Please also post a recent one where the flip worked. I would like to compare them with the log on my iOptron mount where the flip failed in a similar manner as what you are describing.

Thx, Jo

Atlas Pro AZ-EQ, ASI1600MM-Pro, ASI120MM-S, ES102ED, WO-Z61, Nikon D3300, ASI-EFW, ZWO LRGB,Ha,O3,S2 filter set

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago
maxthebuilder
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Meridian Flip #54681
Sorry - I didn't have logging to a file enabled...

El Corazon wrote:
Hi Max,

I am having exactly the same problem, but only lately. Can you post your log file, there is something I want to check with regards to the very slow slew. Please also post a recent one where the flip worked. I would like to compare them with the log on my iOptron mount where the flip failed in a similar manner as what you are describing.

Thx, Jo

Max S.
RPI 3 B+ with ABerry and RPI 4 B (4Gb) with SMate.
Nikon D5500 H-a modified. 180 mm f/2.8 antique Nikon. Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8. Rokinon 135mm f/2.
AT72EDII.
ZWO ASI294MC Pro
ZWO ASI120MC-S on ZWO 30F4 MiniScope.
SW AZ-GTi.
SW HEQ5.
iOptron SkyTracker Pro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds