INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pentak K30 anyone have any luck getting it working?

• Thank you received: 6
I don't think this has anything to do with the indi-3rdparty packages not building.

Just from a quick test, I think this is an incompatibility problem between the driver or the package and Ubuntu Mate. Ubuntu Mate *thinks* the indi-pentax package is installed, but the indi_pentax executable never ends up in the /usr/bin folder.

I don't think Raspbian or Ubuntu x86 have the same problem. I'll have to double-check with a clean install to make sure.

I wonder if this has something to do with the armv6-armv7 compatibility problems with the Ricoh SDK I was having when compiling on Ubuntu Mate. But, my recollection is that I still at least was able to compile, so I'm not sure why Indi_pentax isn't getting installed. I'll dig into it some more over the next few days.
3 years 9 months ago #54968

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There was one missing file in the debian directory which I just added and pushed, so it should be fixed in the next nightly.
3 years 9 months ago #54970

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Folks,
Thanks for the replies, I have updated the nightly builds there, and it is still not showing up. Is there something else needed?

I'm not sure if its relevant but I updated to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 2 nights previous.

Lenny
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Lenny.
3 years 9 months ago #54987

• Thank you received: 2
I have Pentax K-70. When Pentax native driver will be avaiable in Stellarmate OS ?
3 years 9 months ago #54997

There's still something wrong with the build. It's outside of my direct control (I think), but I just submitted a bug report with the details. The fix should be pretty simple, so hopefully it will be updated soon.

Not sure. I think that's Jasem's call.
3 years 9 months ago #55010

Thanks for the update Karl.
3 years 9 months ago #55015

Lenny,

It should install now with the nightlies on Ubuntu Mate 32 bit. If by chance you were on a 64 bit, there was a problem with the 64 bit build, so maybe tomorrow for that.

FYI, as I was afraid of, the driver isn't working with PTP mode the way it was compiled, so stick with MSC mode for now. The main advantage of PTP mode so far appears to be live view, anyway. I'll have to see again if I can figure out what's different in the way it gets compiled on Raspbian versus Ubuntu Mate.

Let me know how it goes.

Karl
3 years 9 months ago #55221

Thanks Karl, I will give it a go later on tonight and let you know how it went.
3 years 9 months ago #55245

Hey Karl,
I tested the driver but unfortunately it kept crashing, it looks like its missing a file
"Driver indi_pentax: indi_pentax: error while loading shared libraries: libRicohCameraSDKCpp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I have attached the complete log.
Thanks,
Lenny.

File Attachment:

File Name: Pentax-test.txt
File Size:6 KB
3 years 9 months ago #55344
Attachments:

There is a missing dependency. All you should have to do to get it going is install the libricohcamerasdk library:
sudo apt install libricohcamerasdk

I've updated the package, but I'm not sure how long it will take for the fix to get into the nightlies.
3 years 9 months ago #55357

Thanks Karl,
I was able to get the camera to connect successfully once i installed the SDK, however i was not able to take any pictures successfully. I tried 1 second and 31 second images in bulb mode each time the shutter opened and closed immediately, and finished exposure prior to the end of the 31 second limit. When i tried in manual mode the shutter would fire but then would not close and failed to download. I tried a 3rd attempt in Bulb mode at 60 seconds and noticed that the countdown timer did not go above 30. Its like it does not recognize that the camera is in bulb mode.

File Attachment:

File Name: Pentaxtest1.txt
File Size:50 KB

I have attached the log file from the test. For the heck of it i tried to connect in PTP mode but it didnt find any device.

Thanks,
Lenny.
3 years 9 months ago #55360
Attachments:

Thanks for testing it out, Lenny. It looks to me like it never recognized you were in bulb mode. And then the camera looks like it got into a weird state. I think we had a similar problem on K3II. I wish I had something besides the K-70 to test with.

I'm not sure how much additional testing you're up for, but if you have some time, it'd help to know:

1) Can you check to see if it downloaded any images to your device? The log seemed to indicate it did, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
2) If you start the driver in M mode, and never switch to another mode, what are the results?
3) If you haven't already, could you by chance download pktriggermode by itself and let me know how that works with your camera? The driver is just wrapping the code for pktriggermode, so if you've used pktriggermode before and it worked, then we're having a driver problem. Otherwise, there's a fundamental problem with pktriggermode, and there may not be much I can do.

If you can respond to those questions, I can spend some time this weekend updating the driver a bit so it can spit out more helpful debug information.

Thanks,
Karl
3 years 9 months ago #55364

Time to create page: 0.691 seconds