INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos doesn't update mount coordinates when mount is parked?

• Thank you received: 2
I have an LX200-flavor mount (It's an Astro-Electronic FS-2), and when I'm connected to the mount in Ekos, if I'm tracking at sidereal rate, then the mount coordinates update properly (RA/Dec stay the same, Alt/Az update).

However, if the mount is parked (and the motors are off), then Ekos doesn't update the mount coordinates display? This is both on the "mount" tab and on the main "ekos" tab. The INDI driver shows RA/Dec changing and Alt/Az staying the same (as they should when parked), but Ekos doesn't seem to query the driver for position updates while it's parked.

In the screenshot, you can see INDI reporting RA 9:19 and Ekos reporting RA 9:09.
3 years 10 months ago #55173
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

IIRC, this is done on purpose. You want to see the AZ/AL updating while the mount is parked?
3 years 10 months ago #55197

• Thank you received: 2
When tracking, RA/Dec should remain constant, while Alt/Az change (following the object across the sky).
When parked, Alt/Az (and also Dec :) ) should remain constant, while RA changes -- I would want to see what hour angle the parked scope is currently pointed at; this is great information for telemetry from a remote observatory.

Kstars correctly shows the "stars sliding by" with the mount staying at the parked position.
Ekos is not updating (only in SCOPE_PARKED state).
3 years 10 months ago #55229

Yeah sorry I meant HA changing, not Az/Alt. Maybe it should switch from RA to HA once parked and updates that instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimbo S Harris
3 years 10 months ago #55287

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds