INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:EKOS capture summary not showing capture count

• Thank you received: 53
Not a big issue but on the summary page of Ekos where the count of captures is shown I am seeing 0. The correct count is shown on the Capture page. Screenshots attached
Running Kstars 3.4.2 on Windows 10
3 years 10 months ago #55308
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

if you don't put timestamp, are the counts reported correctly in the summary page?
3 years 10 months ago #55309

I just tried without timestamps but the result was the same
3 years 10 months ago #55313

• Thank you received: 301
I confirm the issue. It might be appearing when one capture is aborted, subsequent ones may not be taken into account in the manager. But not sure.

-Eric
3 years 10 months ago #55410

• Thank you received: 420
For me they appear if I enable the FITS viewer, which I have disabled by default.

Wouter
3 years 10 months ago #55448

Interesting. I normally use FITS viewer for checking things before imaging but when imaging I save the images to the remote device to avoid the download time. So in that situation the FITS viewer does not come into play.
3 years 10 months ago #55453

• Thank you received: 420
I run everything on the remote device (a Raspberry Pi 4 in this case) and I connect via VNC to run KStars and Ekos. So my situation is slightly different but maybe the cause is related to your situation.

Wouter
3 years 10 months ago #55454

• Thank you received: 182
I have not seen this problem, but for me, FITS viewer is always on.

I just noticed another, potential related, minor problem, though: When I just Preview, i.e. I do not start the Image sequence, just want to see what the ADU count is for different filters in my sequence, the image will come up in the FITS viewer, but not in the window on the Dashboard.
When I start the image sequence, however, the images are appearing in the Dashboard.

Jo
3 years 10 months ago #55467

I just did some testing with different combinations of settings. Basically, the counter stops working when the images are saved to Remote only. Saving Locally or to Both the counter works as expected.
I save to remote only as it takes a fraction of a second to save the image and move on versus many seconds to download to the local Ekos machine. Over the course of an evening that is a big time saving
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 10 months ago #55597

• Thank you received: 23
I never see the last shoot in the summary screen, I view consatly the IC434 background
3 years 10 months ago #55608

I'm not at all familiar with the Ekos code but I had a good look through it and I think I can see the cause of this problem.
In line 1732/33 of capture.cpp, sendNewImage is only called for imges saved locally. But it is sendNewImage that does the emit newImage at line 792 which causes the counter to be updated.
Also, in sendNewImage there is also code that test for local saving of the image.
So either the emit NewImage needs to be moved to before line 1732 or the if statement at line 1732 should be removed. Or something along those lines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Alfred
3 years 10 months ago #55712

Thanks Ken, that was it. I just pushed a fix for it. Great job!
3 years 10 months ago #55715

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds