INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS pointing & park position

• Thank you received: 3
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on something!

I have two mounts: an HEQ5 and old Vixen GP2 to which I've modded an EQStar EQ5 go-to capability (company in Ukraine). EKOS recognises both when I fire them up (separately of course!). The HEQ5 is recognised as an HEQ5 and the Vixen is recognised as an EQ6.

When I'm using the HEQ5, the Park position is set as Celestial North, and when I start it, it says the mount is pointing in that direction and slews fine.

When I disconnect that and connect to the Vixen, EKOS recognises it as a different mount, but the sky overlay shows the mount as if it were pointing in the NW (even though it is in the Celestial North Pole position). Why would that be?

If I try the purge-disconnect-power cycle routine on the Vixen, then when I later go back to my HEQ5, the park position on that is off (even though EKOS recognises that its not the same mount). Why would that be?

The HEQ5 is my main mount (imaging), so I'm going to leave that as the park&point aligned mount - I use the Vixen just for visual go-to. But this seems v strange?

Thank you for any light anyone can shed!

Cheers,

Vin
3 years 10 months ago #55367

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
Are you running with two complete and separate profiles for each combo or are you changing the mount driver manually before each session?
3 years 10 months ago #55400

Try to create a driver alias for the other mount in Tools --> Devices ---> Custom Drivers

This way the config of the two mounts are not mingled together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vin
3 years 10 months ago #55415

Replied by Vin on topic EKOS pointing & park position

Thanks xthestreams, I disconnect EKOS & stop INDI (& even shutdown KStars) between the switchovers & that was still happening.

Thanks Jasem, I will try that & report back.

Stay safe all.
3 years 10 months ago #55439

Replied by Vin on topic EKOS pointing & park position

That worked thank you. The purge method didn't clean it out so I asked it to go to Polaris (setting that as the park position as well), it went off at an angle, and then I manually shifted it back to counterweight down & pointing up. Next time I switched it back on, it was pointing where it was meant to be. But the important thing is that by setting up a new alias it did not mingle the two, and my HEQ5 profile was untouched :) Thanks again.
3 years 10 months ago #55836

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds