INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focus Module crashes quite often with Canon DSLR and other (small) issues

• Thank you received: 1
Hello Hy,
thanks for this idea for the focus monitoring. As soon as I get my crashing situation resolved, I will start playing with it. If it works like you explained, then it will do the monitoring job just fine.
Stephan
3 years 8 months ago #56303

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Wolfgang,
I tried to compile from source, but was unsuccessful (make reported an error after about 34%). Then it was too late to investigate. I will try again tonight.
Best regards
Stephan
3 years 8 months ago #56304

• Thank you received: 301
Hey,

The assert was introduced by invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/commit...b6ed3cd8f04f6ec0ccba, focus.cpp, line 1061.
I removed this assert at invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/commit...d1b90ee554da22b57c35, focus.cpp, line 1036.
This was a real problem, there should not have been a tracking box in full-field, so the assert was detecting an earlier bug.
Because I could not find the root cause and a re-architecture process was planned, I chose to hide the problem and explicitly disabled the tracking box in full-field to avoid further confusion in the module.

I need to observe that Q_ASSERT_X is empty when the project is built without debug. In debug mode, it will call qFatal() and trigger the debugger.
The code is probably crashing later on because of the induced instability? Or the code is built in debug mode.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephan
3 years 8 months ago #56314

Hello Eric,
thanks for looking into this. I have read your post several times now, and I am not sure what this means for me. Is there a bug that can be fixed or at least a questionable feature that can be disabled in the source code? Or did you fix / hide it already? Now I am confused...
Can you please tell me what to do?
Thanks
Stephan
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Stephan. Reason: I think I misunderstood the last post after reading it several times now.
3 years 8 months ago #56334

Hi Eric and Wolfgang,
after installation of a swap file, I was successful in compiling Kstars and Ekos from source. Now I have Version 3.4.3 (before it showed 3.4.2). With this I don`t encounter the crashes as I did before. So, Thank you both for helping!
I will do some more testing and if I encounter strange behaviour again, I will tell you. As for now, this thread can be closed.
Thanks and have a great day.
Stephan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
3 years 8 months ago #56349

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds