INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Tool: Ekos Debugger

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

How I can install ekosdebugger on astroberry?

Thank you in advance.
2 years 10 months ago #71257

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
Hi Gabriel

I was looking for the answer to this too.  Apparently, the apt repository that hosts the prebuilt and downloadable ekosdebugger application is not available to non-stellarmate owners.  However it is quite easy to download the necessary dependencies and compile it yourself.

First you will need to clone the ekosdebugger sources from github.  Navigate to a suitable directory on your pi.  The home will do just fine since the next commands will create a directory for the ekosdebugger sources.
cd
git clone https://github.com/knro/ekosdebugger.git

Now you should install the dependencies (I'm not sure if all of these are required - and credit to another poster for this info).
sudo apt-get install -y git cmake qt5-default libcfitsio-dev libgsl-dev wcslib-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libnova-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev  
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libtiff-dev libfftw3-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libeigen3-dev libindi-dev 
sudo apt-get install -y extra-cmake-modules libkf5plotting-dev libqt5svg5-dev libkf5xmlgui-dev libkf5kio-dev 
sudo apt-get install -y kinit-dev libkf5newstuff-dev kdoctools-dev libkf5notifications-dev qtdeclarative5-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libkf5crash-dev gettext libraw-dev libkf5notifyconfig-dev 
sudo apt-get install -y libqt5websockets5-dev xplanet xplanet-images qt5keychain-dev libsecret-1-dev
sudo apt-get install -y breeze-icon-theme libftdi1-dev libdc1394-dev libftdi-dev 
sudo apt-get install -y libgps-dev libraw-dev libgphoto2-dev libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev 
sudo apt-get install -y librtlsdr-dev liblimesuite-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev 
sudo apt-get install -y libftdi1-dev libdc1394-22-dev libeigen3-dev

Some of them are duplicated but that doesn't really matter.  It took a while to download and install all these but less than 30 minutes.

Now you can:
cd ekosdebugger
cmake .
make

And after this has completed you should have a new binary executable (an application) called ekosdebugger in the ekosdebugger directory.  Make sure you are running it from the astroberry (windowed) session and not from an xterm (ssh session) from another machine as it requires an X display to run.  If you try and run it from an ssh xterm (as I first did) you might see this:
astroberry@astroberry:~/ekosdebugger/ekosdebugger $ ./ekosdebugger
qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
Could not connect to any X display.

When you run it from the astroberry window (from the Terminal application) you should see a window appear where you can choose which modules to run under debug sessions and then launch kstars from within the ekosdebugger window.  It took a while longer than normal to startup for me.

Please ask if you get stuck or if you think I made a mistake (entirely possible).

HTH
Iain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 6 months ago #75533

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Iain,

Really appreciate your help. I will try to compile.
Any way, my issue was that I cannot do polar align. But meanwhile, I was able to solve the issue.
The issue was that my camera (Omegon) default not take exposures in raw mode (I make a confusion that I believe was in raw mode).

Have a good day,
Gabi
2 years 6 months ago #75589

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds