Major INDI Library release v1.9.0 bring significant internal changes championed by @pawel-soja to modernize core INDI Library drivers and clients. New drivers for DeepSkyDad Flat Panel & Pegasus devices plus further improvements to PCM8 drivers.
It looks like there is an issue with EQMod. The first time in your log - when it went well - there are log entries from the pointing model of EQMdód:
[2020-06-30T22:25:09.202 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - EQMod Mount : "[INFO] Align Pointset: added point 0 alt = 47.7436 az = 69.7723 "
[2020-06-30T22:25:09.203 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - EQMod Mount : "[INFO] Align Triangulate: number of faces is 0 "
[2020-06-30T22:25:09.204 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - EQMod Mount : "[INFO] Align Sync: point added: lst=15.01028029 celestial RA 18.70000000 DEC 39.90610000 Telescope RA 18.62786274 DEC 38.80300532 "
[2020-06-30T22:25:09.205 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - EQMod Mount : "[ALIGNMENT] New sync point Date 2459031.350776 RA 18.700000 DEC 39.906100 TDV(x 0.455157 y 0.632573 z 0.626645) "
These entries are missing for the attempt later.
TSA-120 + FSQ-85 + GSO 150/750 | Avalon Linear + M-zero | Moravian G2-8300 + ASI 1600mm pro | KStars/INDI on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian 10
I have to say that I ran into a similar problem last night--I guess.
It failed to start slewing, but seemingly only to a target near the pole.
When I went to a different target, things seemed to work.
I had assumed something flakey in my setup, but now seeing this, seems too similar.
I was likely running almost the latest git code at the time (probably commit db1a8211)
so if the fix Jasem is talking about is
(which is after the above), I was not running that.
Will post if I run into the issue again.
Orion Atlas Pro, William Optics ZS105, Moonlight V2 focuser
ZWO ASI1600, OAG & Filterwheel, Astronomik Filters, QHY 5L-IIm guidecam.
KStars/Ekos/Indi on RPi4 w/SSD
Ekos Projects: Terrain Backgrounds, Polar Alignment, Analyze, Linear Focuser, SEP MultiStar & GPG Guiding, FITS autostretch.
I did one full night of imaging with the latest KStars from GitHub (commit 446481d5fb485ec6437c43bb6bcc1c5b76adedfd) and INDI 1.8.5 from the stable PPA. My EQ6-R mount slewed and aligned to four different targets without problems.
Ubuntu Mate 20.04 (arm64) on Raspberry Pi 4 (4 GB)
Vixen R200SS 8" f/4
ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW, Canon 6D