The more recent git versions of kstars seem to have some issues. I wanted to image M13 yesterday, using a compile of 1244_gb7614fea3. Don't remember exactly what I did there, but at some point it had crashed. I restarted, this time watching better. INDI (which is running on a different computer) still had the devices active, and kstars re-connected to it with connected devices. Also still running was PHD2 (on the same computer as INDI).
When I wanted to take a preview image, PHD2 was commanded to perform a dither! But the image was downloaded. After a while, I wanted to get another preview. This time I would only get the spinning cursor. Nothing else happened. So I pressed the 'stop' button. This caused a list entry to be created and started - this time the exposure started. I stoped it, pressed preview again - and it would again not start exposing. Pressing stop again started the list entry. This time I didn't stop it, and it crashed when writing the file.
I then downgraded to the previous version I had compiled, 1233_g11f5b1758. It showed the same behavior that the first press of 'Preview' would cause a dither, and consecutive ones would not execute.
Another downgrade, to 1223_g96a8ae0cc. No issues with that one, and I fortunately could start observing.
In doubt, the 4 logs are attached as a zip file. But I didn't have debug on. I'll try the latest version ASAP, but don't know yet when I'll have a free night to do so....
openSUSE Tumbleweed KStars git INDI git
GPDX+EQMOD, CEM60EC, ASI1600+EFW+EAF+ASI290 mini