INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

KStars git issues

1 month 1 week ago
DerPit
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
KStars git issues #56259
The more recent git versions of kstars seem to have some issues. I wanted to image M13 yesterday, using a compile of 1244_gb7614fea3. Don't remember exactly what I did there, but at some point it had crashed. I restarted, this time watching better. INDI (which is running on a different computer) still had the devices active, and kstars re-connected to it with connected devices. Also still running was PHD2 (on the same computer as INDI).

When I wanted to take a preview image, PHD2 was commanded to perform a dither! :blink: But the image was downloaded. After a while, I wanted to get another preview. This time I would only get the spinning cursor. Nothing else happened. So I pressed the 'stop' button. This caused a list entry to be created and started - this time the exposure started. I stoped it, pressed preview again - and it would again not start exposing. Pressing stop again started the list entry. This time I didn't stop it, and it crashed when writing the file.

I then downgraded to the previous version I had compiled, 1233_g11f5b1758. It showed the same behavior that the first press of 'Preview' would cause a dither, and consecutive ones would not execute.

Another downgrade, to 1223_g96a8ae0cc. No issues with that one, and I fortunately could start observing.

In doubt, the 4 logs are attached as a zip file. But I didn't have debug on. I'll try the latest version ASAP, but don't know yet when I'll have a free night to do so....

openSUSE Tumbleweed KStars git INDI git
GPDX+EQMOD, CEM60EC, ASI1600+EFW+EAF+ASI290 mini
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
KStars git issues #56319
Due to recent changes, it appears both focus + dither were getting triggered for previews which is wrong. This is _hopeuflly_ now fixed in GIT.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You DerPit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds