INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Weather radio don't want connect

• Thank you received: 54
From what I have read on the RG-11, you likely need a pull-up resistor at the RG11_PIN input of the HUZZAH. A 4.7k or 10k resistor connected to the HUZZAH 3.3 volt supply may be all that's needed, even though you specified INPUT_PULLUP with pinMode (internal pull-up may be too weak). The other output pin of the RG-11 would go to ground so, either the signal would float high with the pull-up, or would be brought to ground.

The other thing I noticed is that 'RG11_PIN' does not seem to be defined in rg11.h. It may be defined elsewhere but it's not clear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 7 months ago #57439

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
Thanks for the input - yes, the constants are defined in config.h per Wolgang's original. I'm not actually testing using the RG-11 just yet, thought I would get my logic and programming right on the desk before I move to the actual unit - the RG-11 works by closing a relay when rain is detected so it's a pretty simple "switch" - which I am planning on running in an NO configuration - closing on rain - but do you think I can get my code to work reliably? Not sure if it's an electrical thing or a programming thing or both!
3 years 7 months ago #57454

I figured it out! I forgot that teh weatherradio firmware has a delay between changes in state and reporting it and of course I was looking for short term changes - silly me!

I've adjusted the code - I'll spend a little time tidying it up and documenting it and then send to Wolfgang for testing/regression before embarking on the driver itself.

Looking forward to knowing that the contents of my dome remains dry!
3 years 7 months ago #57455

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Gunter on topic Weather radio

Hi Wolfgang,

can you please point me to a manual or information how to use you weatherradio driver?
How can I use my own weather station with this service? I can not find any description.

Thank you

Gunter
3 years 5 months ago #61251

Replied by Paul Muller on topic Weather radio

Gunter - it's a pretty straight forward driver in that it talks to Wolfgang's custom made Arduino firmware that presents uncallbratied sensors data that you can then fine tune within the driver control panel.

Simplistically that would mean your weather station would need to change how it format its output - probably easier to go through Weather Proxy
3 years 5 months ago #61262

• Thank you received: 370
3 years 5 months ago #61264

Vielen Dank.
3 years 5 months ago #61288

Hi Wolfgang,

what do you think about a rain sensor to incorporate? What would be the efford ?
3 years 5 months ago #61289

• Thank you received: 370
I already have it on my list - a RG11 would be the sensor of choice. Since it comes from US, customs for a single sensor is quite high. But if we order two or three of them, that would be a fine idea.

The effort is not that high, we simply need to write a dedicated header file with reading the sensor and translating the data into JSON. But that's straight forward with an Arduino.

Wolfgang
3 years 5 months ago #61294

Sounds good to me. Order of two is just 59 bugs. But for now mayby the cheep alternative from the raspi shop could work or not?
3 years 5 months ago #61304

I do have this node: NodeMCU LUA Amica V2 Modul mit ESP8266 12F
Does it work too?
3 years 5 months ago #61306

• Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Weather radio

@sterne-jaeger for what it's worth, I do have an RG11 indi driver github.com/Trigger-broom-289/indi-RG11-Rain-Sensor if that's of any interest.
And there is also this one github.com/dokeeffe/cloud-rain-monitor with an Arduino.
3 years 5 months ago #61307

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds