INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Weather radio don't want connect

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks for you response.
I will try this.
If i don’t see pb, i will send you my file if you can to look!
I have just change the name of port (ttyUSB0 to Weather beacause I created a symlink)
And in the service I change root to nafa, this is the name of the user
3 years 8 months ago #57001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Olivier,
I‘ll send you a PN with my email address so that we can communicate directly.

Wolfgang
3 years 8 months ago #57003

• Thank you received: 23
Wolfgang, after going through the source code for Meteostation and just having pitchased all the bits for the old project, I see you’ve done some great work to build your own updated version with an SQM, wireless and a website! I love it!

Is there a project page where we can learn how to DIY? This is a hugely important project Ithink!
3 years 8 months ago #57020

I should say I would also like to try adding a (heated) rain sensor if you haven’t already. I don’t want to shut down my observatory when cloudy as I get intermittent clouds and can image pretty well even throwing out 25-50% of frames, but I can’t afford the dome to be open in the wet.

I was thinking that perhaps the UNO generates enough heat to keep it dry enough.

My other thought was to merge into an AllSky dome and use a heater that’s relay controlled for both dew control and rain sensor.
3 years 8 months ago #57021

3 years 8 months ago #57024

Yes, indeed, there is a documentation available here: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/blob/ma...adme-WeatherRadio.md

Integrating a new sensor is not that difficult:
  • add the new driver to the firmware following the logic of the other sensors
  • changing the INDI server

One of my next steps will be a rain sensor, probably a RG-11 (rainsensors.com) or a DYI version with distance sensors.

Regarding heating: I have a wooden housing for the Arduino and the Raspberry Zero which absorbs quite well the humidity. I think the Zero produces enough heat to keep the acrylic dome clear.

But be aware that housing even without heating influences temperature and humidity sensors. My first attempt was a wooden housing with blades for air circulation was a flop, since both temperature as well as humidity was far from correct.

My current solution is a plastic housing that contains only the sensors, which is far better.

Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 8 months ago #57039

Weather Radio supports these sensors as well. If you add a TSL2591, you have a SQM meter on top. Together with a Wemos D1 mini it fits fine in a small housing .
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Wolfgang Reissenberger.
3 years 8 months ago #57040

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

This is my box:
2 holes:
- mlx90614
-tsk2591. There is a glass which protect the sensor about the rain.

3 years 8 months ago #57044
Attachments:

Thanks Wolfgang! Unfortunately searching for INDI DIY weather stations either takes me to the old Meteostation, which is nice but getting old now, or random bits! Thus is great!

Probably one of the most important and well thought through INDI Hardware projects out there! I’d love to see INDI hardware make its way into the core of INDI, for a moderate amount of money we can almost all afford to have great instrumentation. Love it.

I’ve ordered some of the new parts, hoping to beta test tomorrow and go intro production later this week.

I’ll take a look at the sensor you mentioned.
3 years 8 months ago #57065

• Thank you received: 54
Trying to install the Weather Radio WEB interface but I get the following error message that I can't figure out: ERROR: Module weatherradio does not exist!. I followed the installation steps and everything went fine until I issued the "sudo a2enmod weatherradio" command.

Any hints?

Thanks/
3 years 8 months ago #57143

Looks like the Apache configuration file for weather radio hasn't been copied or is in a different place. Try first
sudo cp add-on/weatherradio/weatherradio.conf /etc/apache2/conf-available
and then try the a2enmod command again.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Wolfgang Reissenberger.
3 years 8 months ago #57149

Wolfgang - I am trying to document the even-dummies dummies guide for getting this to work (and have also ordered an RG-11 to test), do you recommend doing the build on an RPi, Linux box or Mac?
3 years 8 months ago #57152

Time to create page: 1.029 seconds