INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Weather radio don't want connect

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Mark on topic Weewx support

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your great work with Weather Radio. I submitted a pull request here to add some basic support for Weewx: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/pull/254

The reason I added this is so that I can use Weather Radio as a more generic weather station input to Weewx which can then augment the data, produce dashboards, and also push it upstream other places like Weather Underground. I added some simple support for allowing the indi driver to get its information from weewx - this isn't an ideal implementation, in the long run a indi_weewx driver would be better to take full advantage of the other information weewx might provide as well as the data sourced from WR, but for now it works.

-Mark
3 years 3 months ago #64275

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
Hi Wolfgang,

I saw you have updated the weather radio devices. Did you also published other code peace’s like python rrd scripts?

Thanks Gunter
3 years 3 months ago #64817

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Gunter,
I just updated weatherradio.py and wr_rrd_update.py. If you start wr_rrd_update.py with the "-v" option, you should get debugging infos so that you can trace down where the script hangs.

Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunter
3 years 3 months ago #64820

• Thank you received: 23
Where I can find documentation about hardware requirements, features and cabling???
3 years 2 months ago #65349

ok probably I found it here github.com/sterne-jaeger/indi-3rdparty/b...adme-WeatherRadio.md but the display infos is missing
3 years 2 months ago #65350

Oh, yes, you are right, will follow.

Since version 1.8, small OLED displays with SSD1306 chips are supported. Connecting the display itself is quite trivial, since the display can be attached to the I2C bus.

Additionally, you need to add a push button to one of the digital ports of the Arduino. The port can be configured with the RAINSENSOR_PIN variable in config.h. The button should connect the digital port to +5V/+3.3V if it is closed. Additionally, add a 47k pull down resistor connecting the port to GND.

HTH
Wolfgang
3 years 2 months ago #65351

Ok I will check in my box what I have. I would build a "big version" with all including wind direction and speed and other "small" versions with screen and basically SQM sensor provided by the TSL237. In my previous test TSL2591 does not provide much precision
3 years 2 months ago #65353

I‘m currently experimenting with a RG-11 rain sensor. Hopefully I can provide support for it in the next days or weeks.
3 years 2 months ago #65357

Replied by Mark on topic Rain sensor

Wolfgang,

I've added support for simple rain sensors. Saw you were working on something similar so wrapped my code up in a pull request: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/pull/278

-Mark
3 years 2 months ago #65359

Replied by Wolfgang Reissenberger on topic Rain sensor

Mark,
very good, and from a first glance the code looks good. I’ll add my comments to the PR.

Wolfgang
3 years 2 months ago #65365

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Gunter on topic Rain sensor

Hi Mark,

did you consider a resistor heating for freezing protection for the sensor?

bye Gunter
3 years 2 months ago #65376

Replied by Mark on topic Rain sensor

I have this for the luminance sensor. I'm working on some code to control this at the moment. Here's an image - on the left is the TLS2591 with a 15 degree lens and an acrylic dome and the dew heater ring, right is the rain resistance sensor, and bottom right is the MLX cloud sensor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunter
3 years 2 months ago #65382
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.942 seconds