INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Weather radio don't want connect

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Mattheo,
please be a little bit patient, release 1.12 of weather radio will contain this option. If you know what you are doing, you could check out the branch weatherradio-v_1.12 from my indi-3rdparty clone github.com/sterne-jaeger/indi-3rdparty.git

The INDI driver is ready, the integration into the web page is missing.

With this upcoming release, I added the option for rain drop detectors, i.e. as soon as first rain drops are recognized, the weather status changes to ALARM so that for example the observatory controller could close the roof.

Wolfgang
3 years 1 month ago #67294

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks Wolfgang for the good news!
I tried to install the wetherradio release that you linked to me but, not being very familiar with Linux, I failed.
I will wait for the official release.

Matteo
3 years 1 month ago #67325

• Thank you received: 23
I am testing it on my Wemos D1 mini. I am using the TSL2591 sensor for the SQM and this is the measeurement in a stable dark conditions. I do not know if other people use this sensor for his SQM calculation and how they are stable and if they are copared they with a real SQM device.

So regarding to the WiFi, actually it is configured to connect to my home router, but if I go out it switch to be an AccessPoint with some defaults data? Thereis a way to change the wireless settings via a webpage?
3 years 1 month ago #67354
Attachments:

Version 1.12 is released, but as I just saw, the water sensor is already present in version 1.11.

Wolfgang
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Wolfgang Reissenberger. Reason: Water sensor already implemented with 1.11
3 years 1 month ago #67363

I'm not sure what you want to achieve using the Arduino as access point. If you want to use it in the field, I would recommend one of these two options:
  • Use a WiFi access point in the field and connect all your devices including the Wemos to it. This way you simply span a local network without internet connection.
  • Connect your Wemos with the USB cable directly to the server (Raspberry or whatever you are using)
HTH
Wolfgang
3 years 1 month ago #67365

Hi Wolfgang, i try to instal the version 1.12 but i get some errors like the following:
/home/pi/Projects/weatherradio/indi-3rdparty/indi-duino/weatherradio.cpp:1119:21: error: ‘defineProperty’ was not declared in this scope
defineProperty(deviceProp);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/Projects/weatherradio/indi-3rdparty/indi-duino/weatherradio.cpp:1119:21: note: suggested alternative: ‘deleteProperty’
defineProperty(deviceProp);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
deleteProperty

What am I doing wrong?
Matteo
3 years 1 month ago #67376

Looks like your INDI library is outdated. Please update to the latest version 1.8.8.
3 years 1 month ago #67377

• Thank you received: 23
Could be necessary to change the wifi options in any case, like default accesspoint die or any other case.
A quick way to change the SSID is better than have to reupload the code just for change the wifi station settings
3 years 1 month ago #67394

Tank you Wolfgang, I've updated Indi Libray and installed weatherradio.
Now all works great!

Matteo
3 years 1 month ago #67398

This is indeed possible, but only through the serial interface using the following command:
s?ssid=<SSID name>&passwd=<password>
The easiest way for sending commands via the serial interface is using the serial monitor of the Arduino IDE.

HTH
Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 1 month ago #67414

• Thank you received: 3
Hello
since I can't find the txt file when it crashed, I tried its commands to see what it looks like.

nafa@NAFABox:~$ ps aux | grep indiserver
nafa 704 0.0 0.0 1836 1364 ? Ss févr.11 0:14 /usr/bin/indiserver -v indi_weatherradio >> /tmp/weatherradio_output.txt
nafa 736 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? Z févr.11 0:00 [indiserver] <defunct>
nafa 27566 0.0 0.0 4196 548 pts/0 S+ 09:13 0:00 grep --color=auto indiserver
nafa@NAFABox:~$ tail -f /tmp/logfilename.txt
tail: impossible d'ouvrir '/tmp/logfilename.txt' en lecture: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
tail: aucun fichier restant
nafa@NAFABox:~$ tail -f /tmp/weatherradio_output.txt
tail: impossible d'ouvrir '/tmp/weatherradio_output.txt' en lecture: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
tail: aucun fichier restant
nafa@NAFABox:~$
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Porchet.
3 years 1 month ago #67438

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Adrian on topic Weather Radio - info channel

You may not have permission to view the file as your normal user.

Check the file is present with
% sudo ls -l /tmp/weatherradio_output.txt

The -l flag will give you the permissions for the file along with the user and group.

Then if it there you can read it using
% sudo tail /tmp/weatherradio_output.txt
3 years 1 month ago #67441

Time to create page: 0.741 seconds