INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler loops the darks continuously and keeps pushing off the lights.

• Thank you received: 20
My first time setting up the Ekos Scheduler. I have one line of lights and one line of darks. It appears to have switched the order so the darks go first, although I may have done that. It then loops the darks continuously and the lights keep pushing their scheduled time out farther. Is this expected? I have it set to start ASAP and complete on sequence completion. I'm using simulators for the camera and the telescope, and it works if I delete the line with darks and then run it again.

Thanks,
Dave
3 years 9 months ago #56940

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Dave,

What priorities have you set for each?
You need to set the lights with a higher priority than the darks to ensure they are processed first.
Personally, I never schedule the darks, I just run them using the capture tab.
Scheduling the darks sort of defeats the purpose as they don't really have any dependencies.

Paul
3 years 9 months ago #56945

Paul,

The lines each have priority 10. I didn't think about running the calibration frames as a separate thing. I could easily do that, and it would allow me to start the darks and flats before dark and get a head start.

Thanks!
Dave
3 years 9 months ago #56946

• Thank you received: 31
Dave,

If they are both set to the same priority then other factors will be taken into account. If you still want to do the darks in the scheduler then you need it to have a lower priority, From memory that means using a number larger than '10' in this case.

Paul
3 years 9 months ago #56954

Paul,

I'll play with that for a while because I want to know, but your idea of running the darks separately makes much more sense. And it matches up with what I do manually - take one set of flats and darks for the night and reuse them. I was looking at making a set of flats and darks for each object.

Thanks,
Dave
3 years 9 months ago #56956

Time to create page: 0.723 seconds