INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars v3.4.3 Released

• Thank you received: 117

Replied by Doug S on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Note that in my case, it wasn't a no-brainer to get the state machine happy. Kstars mount control said one thing, and INDI said another about the park state. It's not quite clear how I got the state machine to sync up again, but it was awkward. Some number of unpark, park, and GOTO requests were made after I changed the INDI GUI before it unstuck. Something's not quite right in there; I hope too many folks don't get tripped up by this (especially those without domes who may not be thinking about it!)....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Doug S.
3 years 8 months ago #57145

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

I hope so, too. I fired up the system and started the upgrade again. Unfortunately, the updated Indi drivers for my ZWO-EFW and the ZWO cameras, as well as QHY CCD crash when called up by the older 3.4.2 Kstars version.
If I can't figure out your sequence of making this unstuck once I have rebuild the latest Kstars, I will have to purge everything again, at least Indi, and restart once more from the stable repo.

However, as I wrote, this must be a new bug that was introduced between July 15 and 19. I had been using 3.4.3 for a few weeks already and did not have that problem as late as July 15, when I installed the last functioning version. The havoc started on July 19, when I installed the newest version because I wanted to test Hy's new guider algorithms.

Thanks again for this great tip! I had dismissed the dome warning and would most likely not have gone back to it.

PS: The logs can be downloaded here: www.dropbox.com/sh/bbwfky2ij9y1ag0/AAA2H...WugxDTSQ10nKEwa?dl=0

The very last one, at >600 MB, is the one after I purged everything and reinstalled 3.4.2. The imaging with that worked without a flaw throughout the night.

I wonder if this is where the problem is rooted in the CEM60 driver:

[2020-07-19T22:57:46.091 CDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron CEM60 : "Error: DOME_IGNORED is not a member of Dome parking policy (DOME_POLICY) property. "

That error, which did not prevent the mount from moving, no longer shows with the latest Indi update, it now says:

[2020-07-19T21:17:09.536 CDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron CEM60 : "[WARNING] Cannot unpark mount when dome is locking. See: Dome Policy in options tab. "
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Jose Corazon.
3 years 8 months ago #57147

• Thank you received: 94

Replied by alacant on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Just to mention (for my own sanity), be sure to save the dome policy after you've changed it. Otherwise it comes and kicks you each time you start!

Cheers and clear skies,
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
3 years 8 months ago #57153

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Marc on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

El Corazon says :

[2020-07-19T21:17:09.536 CDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - iOptron CEM60 : "[WARNING] Cannot unpark mount when dome is locking. See: Dome Policy in options tab. "

Just as the message says, go to the indi panel/your mount/options and simply click "Dome Ignored". Save and reload and you're done. ;)

- Marc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 8 months ago #57157

Now, my own problems :

1/ I'm using Kstars with the dark theme "Black Body". When I quit and then restart, the soft comes back with an incomplete white menu and I have to set my theme again.
it is very unpleasant when you're in the dark and have your vision adapted because of the crude white light.

2/ I have 3 problems with indiwebmanager. (The last version including agent)

- I can't change the default 'root' user in the indiwebmanager.service or it refuses my connection.
- If I connect through indiweb, the indiserver and drivers are launched but everything stalls then. I'can't even unpark my mount.
If I start manually the indiserver and the drivers through an ssh cnx, everything works fine.
- In simulation mode, it says there is no GSC available. (It works with the workaround above)

- Marc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Marc.
3 years 8 months ago #57160
Attachments:

Done that, of course, but have been unable to test since it is cloudy again now. But if that is all that is required for fixing it, then that's easy enough, of course. Can you confirm, that that is all that's required, Marc? Doug's experience suggested something else.

Jo
3 years 8 months ago #57165

Hi Jo,

If your nights are cloudy you can verify it works with the indi_simulator_telescope driver (Telescope Simulator in the profile editor )

- Marc
3 years 8 months ago #57170

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

The "Mount cannot unpark due to dome" issue was fixed in INDI, please update!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric, Jose Corazon, Craig
3 years 8 months ago #57171

• Thank you received: 54

Replied by gehelem on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Tested last night IRL
Same problem with dome locking stuff, quickly solved :-)
i've tested multistar SEP guiding, and did'nt noticed any improvement on my guiding accuracy but it needs more testing obviously
i tried Backlash measurment for DEC axis, but i could'nt achieve any calibration, i have to understand what happens (possibly mount problems)
BTW calibration plot is really usefull !
i also tried Bahtinov focus assistant, but also need more testing : need to understand what graph shows
(it's also hard to use with manual focus)

Anyway :
Great work ! (again)
3 years 8 months ago #57172

I assume it was fixed in the nightly repository only and not in the stable release?

Or do I need to compile Indi manually?
3 years 8 months ago #57174

• Thank you received: 86
I don't have a dome but cannot unpark my mount either.
How do I download nightlies on Raspbian (Srellarmate 1.5.3)?
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
3 years 8 months ago #57191

Replied by Paul on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Marc,

I think the issue is more than just resetting the Dome Ignored flag.
If you don't have a Dome then why is it happening and secondly what triggered this in the first place?

Paul
3 years 8 months ago #57192

Time to create page: 0.643 seconds