INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars v3.4.3 Released

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Paul on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Marc,

I think the issue is more than just resetting the Dome Ignored flag.
If you don't have a Dome then why is it happening and secondly what triggered this in the first place?

Paul
3 years 8 months ago #57192

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

I updated Kstars from sources and Indi from nightly. Dome is now set to 'Ignored' by default. The mount unparks, parks and slews normally, but I need to wait for clear weather again to test it in the field. So far it looks good.
3 years 8 months ago #57194

• Thank you received: 133
Running self-compiled INDI and KStars (git as of July 20) I have two issues:
  1. Using PHD2 for guiding, the guide graph now gets reset after every dither operation (erase old data, start with time stamp 0)
  2. Meridian flip, if happening within a series, seems to lose/overwrite an image. It saves Light_010.fits as "Received image 10 out of 45.", then does the flip (successfully), but the next image gets written with the same name again, Light_010.fits, and the log says "Received image 11 out of 45."

Relevant cutout of the log is attached.
3 years 8 months ago #57206
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 117

Replied by Doug S on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

@DerPit: About the guide graph being reset, I too immediately noticed that issue after updating, but after using it for a night, I quickly got used to it and like it. The quality of each exposure is easily visualized simply by watching the scatter during the exposure. Maybe as opposed to reversion, it might be nice to have a checkbox to enable/disable this new behavior vs the old behavior (as a feature)! Cheers, Doug
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Doug S.
3 years 8 months ago #57210

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

If you elect in the capture module to record the time at which the exposure was taken, it will not overwrite the previous exposure with the same number, as the time will be different and the file name will thus be unique. I routinely collect data from multiple nights into the same folder where the file numbers are reset at the beginning of each session, but because date and time are different, there is no file conflict.

Jo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
3 years 8 months ago #57211

• Thank you received: 133
@Doug: Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was intended or accidental. What I am missing now is the information how long the dither operation took. I'm doing RGB with short exposure times, so I like to have an overview how much time is spent for dithering. So I'd definitely welcome an option to get the old behavior back. Either by a bugfix, or a new feature button :P

@Jo: Sure there are ways to get around it, but I think/hope you'd agree that not advancing the image name counter is a bug, is it? ;)
3 years 8 months ago #57216

• Thank you received: 117

Replied by Doug S on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

@DerPit, We're still on the same page (for a checkbox,button), but a second related thought is about the new LogViewer. I use PHD2, and the log viewer shows the dither timing. I'm not sure if you are using PHD2 or not. If you're using the internal guider, you might check the LogViewer to see if the dither timing has been implemented in the kstars/ekos guide log. It doesn't help for real-time, but the info might not be lost...
3 years 8 months ago #57217

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Serge CLAUS on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Hello,
I just tested with lx200_onstep in simulation mode and same problem: kstars crashes for park/unpark.
Tested with lx200_teenastro (simulator): OK
Test with EQmod (simulator): OK
Test with the previous version of lx200_onstep: OK
I think there is really a problem with the latest version of lx200_onstep.

However, the latest version of lx200_onstep works perfectly with "skychart".

Just tested with kstars 3.4.2: same result with lthe last lx200_onstep -> crash on park/unpark.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Serge CLAUS.
3 years 8 months ago #57225

• Thank you received: 565

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Re the dome-ignored setting, I git pulled the latest indi and kstars yesterday (July 24, post 3.4.3 release) and compiled and ran the latest code and ran into the same problem as was reported in this thread.
The mount wouldn't slew "because of the dome" (but I don't have a dome). I followed the advice on this thread and found the indi eqmod control-->options tab-->DomeIgnored,
and then "Save Configuration", and that fixed the issue. Thanks! However, the default still seems to be Dome Locks.

Hy
3 years 8 months ago #57350

Hy,

If you do another pull this should work as Jasem has now fixed it.

Paul
3 years 8 months ago #57351

• Thank you received: 565

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

I guess what I was trying to say is that I pulled both indi and kstars well after Jasem's message and still had the issue.
So, I'm not sure it's fixed for those folks that haven't gone through the trouble of setting Dome Ignored.
Hy
3 years 8 months ago #57352

Hy,

As I said, do another pull and it will be fixed - I had the same problem when I did it immediately but after waiting a few hours it was fine.

Paul
3 years 8 months ago #57354

Time to create page: 1.097 seconds