INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars v3.4.3 Released

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Paul on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Hy,

If you do another pull this should work as Jasem has now fixed it.

Paul
3 years 8 months ago #57351

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

I guess what I was trying to say is that I pulled both indi and kstars well after Jasem's message and still had the issue.
So, I'm not sure it's fixed for those folks that haven't gone through the trouble of setting Dome Ignored.
Hy
3 years 8 months ago #57352

Replied by Paul on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Hy,

As I said, do another pull and it will be fixed - I had the same problem when I did it immediately but after waiting a few hours it was fine.

Paul
3 years 8 months ago #57354

• Thank you received: 420
By the way, it looks like there is no need to use the nightly builds. We are using the stable release at the moment. Another update of the system installed new indi binaries and last night we didn’t experience this issue at all.

Wouter
3 years 8 months ago #57356

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Paul, once the configuration has been changed and saved it will be applied to future installations. I ran into the same trouble initially - thanks to Doug again for figuring out the solution. But the Dome ignore policy still had to be set once and saved for it to take effect.
What Hy is saying is that if you have never changed the configuration, the default upon first install is still Dome lock.
3 years 8 months ago #57358

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Mike on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Many thanks to everyone for updating Kstars and EKOS. Today I spent a night session using the scheduler and remote control:

Server: Ubuntu Server 20.04
Client: Ubuntu 20.04
Mount: SW HEQ5 Pro (EQMod)
Camera: ASI 1600 mm, ASI 120 mm
Additional: Astrometry, ZWO EAF, ZWO EFW

Everything went smoothly. Thanks to the developers.

P.S. From Russia with love
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 8 months ago #57422
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 15
I have the same question, when will it be available for Astroberry (Raspbian Buster)?

Regards,
Bernd
3 years 8 months ago #57435

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by wotalota on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

When testing the weather alert with the observatory protection using simulators and the watchdog with the following settings checked.
Watchdog: Park Mount, Park Dome, Weather, Mount Locks
Observatory: Alert, Park
Dome (Rolloff simulator): Mount Locks
Mount: Dome Locks

The weather alert and safe parking of the mount and dome worked fine.

Two things that seem different.

When the weather is bad and a weather alert is already in effect it is possible to unpark the dome. I don't think that could be done before when the dome was checking the weather.

If the mount is using Dome Locks. An attempt to unpark the mount when the dome is parked will result in a driver warning message and the mount will remain parked. However KStars and Ekos will change the mount status to unparked and be out of sync with the driver. But they can be brought back together by first unparking the Dome and then use the driver to unpark the mount.

Edit
Continuing with testing I had some difficulty setting the watchdog > options > Weather field.
Attempting to change it to Weather Meta, was only able to do that after removing all the other weather stations then it accepted the Weather Meta value. But once an additional (actual) weather source was added such as weather simulator it reverted to using that instead. This would not allow more than one weather stations to combine their coverage to close the observatory. In my case it is a RG11 rain detector feeding into Weather Proxy driver combined with Vantage driver using Weather Meta driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by wotalota. Reason: Additional watchdog observation & typo
3 years 8 months ago #57438

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Ok most of these issues should be fixed now in GIT. The Watchdog driver now actively monitors the parking status of both dome & mount and if it detects unparking while weather is in alert state, it would command a parking process.

Regarding the weather meta, I can confirm the issue and it's going to require more than a simple fix to get it working properly, so I'll talk with Wolfgang about this since it involves the observatory module.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wotalota
3 years 7 months ago #57465

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Interesting, I just installed the latest build of kstars on a laptop as I wanted to test some things with the new packages I created for Fedora. I have this exact theme problem. I have another desktop machine with the same OS, but it does not have the problem of the theme reverting.
Even with the theme reverting, it should still display the icon bar correctly for whatever theme it is using.

So since I have two machines, I can do a diff on the .kstarsrc file. Very many things different, including a lot of color settings. Since there was so much different, I decided to try the file from the working machine on the laptop. The laptop still manifests the problem, and always starts
with a screen like you show. Once I set kstars to black body again, all is well. Functionally, things seem to work ok so far.

Some more things I tried:

Run with ekosdebugger just in case it catches something. It did not, and the application exited normally and cleanly. It also shows no problems on startup.

Removed the kstarsrc file completely, restarted, changed only the theme, exited. When I go back and run kstars again, the theme is not set and icons have the odd look of the attached image.

Tried different color schemes. They save without problem and load correctly on next launch. Only the theme is not saving for me so far.

Jim
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Jim. Reason: typo and updates
3 years 7 months ago #57552

Replied by Marc on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

Hi,

As for me the problem was with the "Mojave Icon Theme". So I reverted to the genuine Icon theme, reinstalled the Mojave Theme and reverted again.
The problem was solved.

Have a look at my log file, search for "default" line. That's how I figured it out.

- Marc
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Marc.
3 years 7 months ago #57569
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic KStars v3.4.3 Released

I updated from source yesterday and saw that Kstars 3.5.0 is out.
Seems to work great, I had no issues with it.
Result from the first night of using it:

Fully automatic, using scheduler, autofocusing on filter change, autoguiding with recalibration upon mount slew set. Meridian flip completed flawlessly.
70 x Ha, 70 x O3, 70 x S2, combined luminance channel, PixelMath for denoised HOS and LRGB combination. Bortle 8/9 with ~70% moon last night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim, jiberjaber
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Jose Corazon.
3 years 7 months ago #57602
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.630 seconds