INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Solver --sigma option

• Thank you received: 5
I tried to experiment with the --sigma option within the astrometry.net solver, which I use on my Astroberry in the offline version. I hoped to speed up the time it takes to solve a picture, because my system was at times extracting far more sources than I could identify on the exposure.
However, I noticed some strange behaviour of ekos. I tested the options with the ccd and telescope simulator. When I entered "--sigma 50" in the custom options field and hit "capture and solve" the process did start, but all the stars, which appeared prior to this setting in the exposure vanished. Even if I just use the capture tool, no more stars are visible. When I use the same option with "load and slew" and choosing a fits, which I did shoot with my camera in a prior session, I receive an error message "invalid option sigma...". Why does the solver accept the option for "capture and solve" and not for "load and slew" ? And why do the stars in the simualted exposure disappear when I use the --sigma option ?
I use kstars 3.4.3. Any ideas ?
Many thanks
Dirk
3 years 7 months ago #57500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.692 seconds