INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.5.0 works great - minor Scheduler/Guider integration issue

• Thank you received: 19
Update from lat night run - unfortunately I was running without debugger in place - had regular logs configured but no logs were written - after a period of struggle with alignment and finding that index files were missing (but no such issue day before solving in the same area of Veil Nebula) I was able to solve after installing the index files....schedule started again and was happily giuding when after 1 image capture kstars disappeared again!....no warrings, no logs and nothing of value in syslog for linux except and endless run of

Aug 12 23:05:02 stellarmate kernel: [20283.741867] usb 1-1.1.3: reset high-speed USB device number 7 using xhci_hcd

prior to the time of the good image capture - after these it LOOKS like Lixus is rebooting but after KStar disappeared I just shut it down....will try again tonight - since I was doing nothing but guiding and image capture at the time of this crash it must be something common to all activity or some background task as it is pretty random
3 years 8 months ago #58179

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
Again, I have none of the issues you are describing, but I am running Kstars on Ubuntu MATE 20.04. I just had another night of flawless imaging with multiple filter changes, refocusing, meridian flip, automatic realignment, etc. All driven by the scheduler.

Instead, my network was crashing again, but only after Kstars had already gone idle. It happened while I was transferring the image files from the Pi4 to my NAS. Just hung up in the middle of a file that was only partially transferred. Lost all contact with the Pi4 and had to do a hard restart.

Strangely, this had never happened until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It must be an Ubuntu bug, cannot possibly be Kstars, I think. Does anyone else have similar issues?

Jo
3 years 8 months ago #58183

• Thank you received: 133
Did you check the logs on the pi afterwards? Yes, network outage usually isn't an application problem, but either system, or hardware. For wireless, if outside, it could also be things like humidity that affect signal strength etc...
(Glad I use cable network ;^> )

As for 3.5.0, it does have several issues with PHD2, which is why I'm currently back at kstars-3.4.3-1282_g4d7209279 (about a month old) for work.
3 years 8 months ago #58195

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds