INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Timer based refocus: setting of reference time issue

• Thank you received: 133
Had a surprise last night:
I was running on two different objects, first a short one, later a longer one. I usually have 'refocus every X' active, with something like 80 minutes. The first run was only a bit longer than that, so I had deactivated the box after I had done the AF run.
After the first sequence had finished, the next target was only 15 minutes before meridian. So I ran an autofocus during that time on a close-by area that was already on the flipped side and waited for the target to cross meridian.
That was going to be a sequence for the rest of the night, so I reactivated the check box. But I did this after I had run the AF. This seems to not set the mark that an AF had been run. Because, when I started the sequence, I got the message
[2020-08-12T01:04:08.620 WEST INFO ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Ekos will refocus as soon as possible, last procedure was 9,724 seconds ago."
and it started another AF run :blink:
Those 9,724 seconds referred to an AF run I had done in the very beginning of the night, before I had deactivated the timer based refocus. Both the AF run before the short sequence and the one a few minutes before were ignored :(
I think the timer reference should be set to zero after any AF run, not only if the timer box is checked :unsure:

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention, this is (almost) latest git version (kstars-3.5.0-1342_ge6a69db89)
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
3 years 8 months ago #58139

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds