INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Problem buidling kstars on Mint 18.3

1 month 1 week ago 1 month 1 week ago by schwim.
schwim
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Problem buidling kstars on Mint 18.3 #60118
I have a Linux Mint system that was pretty far behind in updates. I'd been building kstars/Ekos on it for a few years up until maybe 6 months ago but not certain. Since then, I could not get kstars to compile. As my other (newer) systems worked fine I decided to upgrade to 18.3 (Xenial). Unfortunately this did not help, and I am getting the same error which is below. I forced a re-install of all dependencies and this did not help. I also re-downloaded the git repository and started fresh with no success.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it?

<code>
[ 85%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/fitsviewer/fitssepdetector.cpp.o
In file included from /home/schwim/src/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/fitssepdetector.cpp:22:0:
/home/schwim/src/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/sep/sep.h:233:31: error: variable or field ‘sep_set_extract_pixstack’ declared void
void sep_set_extract_pixstack(size_t val);
^
/home/schwim/src/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/sep/sep.h:233:31: error: ‘size_t’ was not declared in this scope
/home/schwim/src/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/sep/sep.h:234:1: error: ‘size_t’ does not name a type
size_t sep_get_extract_pixstack(void);
</code>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago
schwim
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Problem buidling kstars on Mint 18.3 #60148
This may be a problem with building on Xenial systems. I upgraded the system to 19.3 (Bionic) and I am now able to build kstars successfully.

Any idea what might have changed in the code that requires Bionic and up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds