INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using Scheduler, stuck on dithering after first capture job finishes in sequence

• Thank you received: 120
I'm getting ready to start a permanent observatory, so I thought I'd play around with the scheduler to get familiar with it, and ran into an issue.

I'm using all simulators (ccd, telescope, dome, filterwheel, weather), and setup a sequence that includes 10xL, 10xHa, 10xSII, and 10xOIII. The sequence has Autofocus if HFR > checked and Refocus every 1 minutes. I loaded that sequence with two different targets using the scheduler, with Track, Focus, Align, Guide all checked. I'm using the internal guider with SEP Multistar.

I'm using latest kstars from the stable ppa on ubuntu 20.04 amd64.

Two issues I noticed when doing this.

1. The first auto focus that happens uses whatever filter happens to be selected in the Focus module at the time, not the filter for the first capture sequence. After the initial autofocus, it uses the filter that is being used to capture.

2. When the 10xL are done, and it moves on to the next filter (Ha), capturing stops. The overview (Setup) module just shows the status as "Dithering".

After seeing the issue once, I turned on verbose logging for all the modules, and was able to recreate the issue.

I've attached my verbose logs, as well as the analyze logs, focus logs, and guide logs.

This is my first time playing with the scheduler, so I may have something configured incorrectly, but it feels like a race condition between the focuser and the guider glancing at the logs. Has anyone seen this before?
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Rick Bassham.
3 years 6 months ago #60796
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds